Our Hospice team is searching for an experienced and compassionate RN Case Manager to provide effective and efficient patient care in the comfort of the patient’s home. This position plans, organizes, directs and provides hospice care to meet the identified needs of patients and their families.
Our Home Office is based in Roseville, MN and our service area covers the 13 county Twin Cities metro area. The general territory for this position would be in the South West section of the Twin Cities area. Incumbent must be willing to travel throughout Interim's service area based on the client's needs.
- Completes an initial/comprehensive assessment of the patient/family to determine hospice needs which includes a history of current and previous illness(es), as well as a physical assessment of the patient, with emphasis on the management of pain and other symptoms.
- Completes ongoing assessments of the patient’s physical status and the psychosocial status of the patient/family.
- Initiates and develops a plan of care in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG), the patient/family and the attending physician.
- Makes necessary revisions to the IDG plan of care as the patient’s/family’s status and needs change.
- Primarily responsible for the coordination of care among IDG members and other healthcare providers external to the IDG, to ensure the continuous assessment of the patient/family needs, as well as the implementation of the IDG plan of care to guide the delivery of services and achieve the goals of hospice care.
- Evaluates and coordinates the need for services provided to the patient/family in accordance with the IDG plan of care.
- Facilitates the consideration of another level of care (i.e. inpatient, respite, continuous care) when indicated by the patient’s/family’s status/needs.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with nursing standards of practice.
- Ensures that equipment, supplies, drugs and biologicals and other necessary items and services are available.
- Provides education and interventions to support the effective management of the patient’s pain and other physical symptoms as well as assesses the patient/family’s response to intervention and treatment.
- Provides education/instructions to the patient/family in accordance with the IDG plan of care.
- Directs the services provided by and supervises the LPN/LVN, Hospice Aide, and Homemaker assigned to the patient/family.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation of patient/family services provided.
- Regularly attends Interdisciplinary Group meetings.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the office on-call policy.
- Actively participates in the quality assessment and performance improvement (QAPI) program.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Licensed to practice as a RN in the state of MN. License is active and in good standing.
- Minimum of twelve (12) months of accumulated experience as a registered nurse within the last five (5) years or, if no experience within the last five (5) years, evidence of current (within the last 12 months) clinical knowledge as deemed appropriate by the DHCS.
- If a new graduate, 1200 verified hours of employment as a graduate or registered nurse within the last twelve (12) months or evidence of completion of a company-approved Preceptor Program.If a state standard exists that is higher than these education/experience requirements, the state standard supersedes these qualification
- One (1) year of hospice care experience preferred.
- Proof of valid driver’s license.
- Proof of valid auto liability insurance.
- Must be willing to travel throughout Interim's service area
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Mileage Reimbursement / Company Car Option
If you are interested in being a part of a fantastic team, apply now! https://www.interimhealthcare.com/twincitiesinc/careers/