Interim HealthCare of the Twin Cities is searching for a full-time Intake Coordinator. This position will provide a centralized intake and client service function in order to gather pertinent patient/client, clinical and financial information to optimize sales, customer responsiveness and satisfaction, as well as quality care. Uses telemarketing and follow-up techniques to convert inquiries into requests for service.
- Acts as a contact telephone liaison person interfacing with referral sources, outside agencies, health professionals and field staff.
- Receives and coordinates all incoming calls, providing patients/clients and referral sources with basic information to assist in accessing appropriate services.
- Communicates with patient/client and family regarding arrangements for the initiation of care/services.
- Completes intake screening including obtaining, documenting and analyzing all required information to make a preliminary admission decision.
- Receives and logs referrals. Prepares reports and responses to inquiries. Provides telephonic contact and system data entry for customers seeking care/services.
- Actively promotes care/services to prospective patients/clients.
- Where permitted by law, receives verbal orders from physicians to initiate care/services.
- Collects and enters customer information into the management information system.
- Works in conjunction with clinical staff to adhere to standards of practice for nursing and applicable law and regulations.
- Actively participates as part of a high performance work team to drive change and deliver exceptional patient/client service.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Healthcare or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three (3) years relevant experience in medical services or clinical environment with knowledge of medical terminology including previous intake experience of at least one year.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Paid Holidays
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, apply today at https://www.interimhealthcare.com/twincitiesinc/careers/