We are seeking a Passionate, Reliable, and Caring team member to join our team! No Previous Experience is Necessary!
Culture Statement: " Hire the Best People, Demand the Best Results, Be the Best Place to Work "
Home health aids provide hands-on personal care, report changes in the patient’s/client’s condition, perform simple procedures as an extension of therapy or nursing services, and provide incidental/instrumental activities of daily living as assigned to patients/clients in the home setting as permitted by the policies and procedures of Interim HealthCare and any other federal, state and local law or regulation.
- Promotes a healthy living environment in the client’s home
- Assists with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, oral hygiene, toileting, elimination, and adequate nutritional intake.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers and/or range of motion exercises.
- Assists with incidental/instrumental activities of daily living such as shopping, meal preparation, socialization activities, homemaking and maintaining a clean and safe physical environment.
- Utilizes infection prevention and control measures such as universal precautions, hand washing, and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Follows the Plan of Care / Task List; performs only tasks that are assigned
- Completes all documentation as required by Interim Healthcare.
- Recognizes, reports, and records changes in patient/client condition and safety concerns to supervisor
- Reads and records temperature, pulse, and respiration as requested by the client
- Maintains confidentiality of client personal health information (“PHI”) as required by state and federal law.
MUST HAVE AVAILABILITY: Monday - Friday 8am-6pm
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- CNAs / MAs- A specific aide training and competency evaluation program as required by State and the federal regulations (42 CFR §484.80); or A nurse aide training and competency evaluation program approved by State and meets the requirements of the federal regulations (§483.151 through §483.154) and is currently listed in good standing on the state nurse aide registry;
- HHAs – Ability to pass a home health aide written knowledge exam and skills lab demonstration (offered by Interim Healthcare)
- Preferred: 6 months of experience in a healthcare setting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Two (2) positive references
- Must be comfortable with a diverse clientele
- Must pass state required criminal and abuse background checks
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical
- Able to effectively communicate, including the ability to read, write, and verbally report clinical information to patients, patient representatives (if any), patient’s caregivers and family, and agency staff.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks or functions.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license.
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance.
- Able to lift up to 50 lb