Interim Director of Nursing - ND Region | As Needed |
- Medical , Retirement
From Sioux City, Iowa to Chamberlain, South Dakota - From Langdon, North Dakota to Fargo North Dakota to Bismarck North Dakota - From Moorhead, Minnesota to Aberdeen, South Dakota
WE ARE INTERIM HEALTHCARE OF EASTERN DAKOTAS
***Please only apply if you are able to travel to ND for this 13 week assignment***
What do we offer?
- Pay Rate: Open/Negotiable - based on each individual contracts
- 8 HOUR / 10 HOUR SHIFTS / 12 HOUR SHIFTS
- 24/7 Contact with staff member within Interim Healthcare
- Contract Completion Bonus for every successfully completed contract
- Competitive Salary
- AFLAC Insurance
- Continued Education Credits
- 401K Retirement Plan (4% company match)
- Holiday Pay
- Referral Bonuses
- New Hire Bonus
- Loyalty Program
- Weekend/Night Differentials
Job Summary: A Director of Nursing oversees the nursing staff and overall nursing operations of a healthcare facility. Their duties include evaluating and directing all nursing employees, establishing goals for the nursing department, and creating and enforcing compliant healthcare policies. Responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of all clinical and paraprofessional services in accordance with the core values of Interim HealthCare. Primary responsibilities include ensuring qualified employees and contractors provide patient care and paraprofessional services in accordance with applicable law and regulations and accepted standards of care, as well as Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
Director of Nursing Responsibilities:
- Direct, oversee and evaluate all nursing staff(registered nurses, LPN etc.)
- Guide staffing procedures
- Set long-term goals for nurses on staff
- Coordinate nursing and client care procedures
- Manage clients’ data and medical records
- Interact with doctors, clients and family members as necessary
- Develop and enforce policies to maintain legal compliance and high-quality standards
- Manage record-keeping procedures
- Collaborate with colleagues to streamline operations
- Share necessary reporting with upper management
Director of Nursing Requirements:
- Previous experience as a director of nursing preferred but not required for the right candidate
- Valid nursing certification required
- Current CPR (American Heart Association) Certification
- Understanding of basic budgeting and financial reporting
- Great knowledge of legal regulations and healthcare best practices in healthcare
- Eagerness to stay up-to-date on the latest changes in nursing administration standards
- Strong leadership, organization and employee development skills
- Effective communication and people skills
- Must be respectful and compassionate with a good bedside manner
- Identify as a problem solver
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care.
- If a state standard exists that is higher than these education/experience requirements, the state standard supersedes these qualifications.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking ability and effective organizational skills in order to meet short deadlines with finite resources.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, retain and manage an effective caregiver team.
- Able to engage in local and occasional out-of- town travel.
- Computer proficiency including the ability to utilize software programs for creating documents and data analyses.
- Meets applicable state and federal health screening requirements.
- Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background checks where required.
- Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with local, state, and federal law and regulations.
- Ensures that daily patient care and client services as well as related office activities are conducted in accordance with applicable law and regulation.
- Ensures patient care and paraprofessional services are provided in accordance with acceptable standards of care and Interim HealthCare performance standards.
- Ensures that Interim HealthCare policies and procedures are implemented and consistently followed.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
- Ensures the respectful treatment of patients and clients and family members.
- Provides leadership to the staff in the compassionate care of the patient/ family unit.
- Develops and motivates the clinical and paraprofessional team.
- In partnership with the General Manager or franchise owner, ensures recruitment and retention of qualified caregivers as well as the ongoing assessment of their performance, and ensures that these individuals are appropriately oriented, trained, supervised and evaluated, as well as competent to meet the needs of the population being served.
- Ensures access to appropriately qualified support twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
- Ensures that appropriate action is taken to resolve identified caregiver or patient/ client concerns or complaints.
- Manages caregivers to achieve an acceptable level of patient/ client satisfaction.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the quality of patient care or client services, formulating and implementing an action plan and evaluating results.
- Develops processes and executes training to successfully implement changes in patient care or client service practices.
- Identifies issues and creates solutions in response to changing demands for caregivers, clinical skills, and availability of qualified staff.
- Implements pilot programs to support new business initiatives.
- Understanding current trends and advancements in the delivery of care.
- Manages the efficient use of the in-office and field resources related to patient care and client services.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Active Registered Nurse within North Dakota, BSN preferred
- Maintains required certification / qualifications and associated standards.
- Five (5) Years HealthCare Experience preferred as Registered Nurse within Skilled Nursing Facility within the last seven (7) years
- Three (3) years HealthCare experience managing caregivers within the last five (5) years
- Proof of vaccination documentation or declinations
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment and may require occasional work to be performed in facility.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including overtime and evening hours as needed.
- Able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required. Frequently walking or standing or sitting most of the time and using arms or legs to push/pull.
Activity/conditions exist 0-2.5 hrs/day or up to 30%
Activity/conditions exist 2.5–5.5 hrs/day or over 30%
Activity/conditions exist 5.5+ hrs/day or over 60%
Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs
Lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling up to 20 lbs
Lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs
Lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling over 50 lbs
Lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling over 100 lbs
Sioux Falls (31+ years)
Brookings (5+ years)
Fargo (June 2022!)
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. As a family owned, women owned, and veteran owned business, we have been in Sioux Falls the past 31+ years and Brookings for the past 5+ years. We are also Medicaid/Medicare Certified. We strive to hire caring and compassionate individuals who wish to make a difference in their community, through strong leadership and dedication to the health care field!
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Interim HealthCare - Sioux Falls, SDFargo, ND
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.