To assure quality patient/client care and services are provided to in home clients. Accountable for making decisions based on his/her educational preparation and experience in nursing.
- Performs assessments and procedures, which require substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon principles of psychological, biological, physical and social sciences.
- Develops working relationships with discharge planners and social service workers.
- Assesses and reviews the matching of employee skills to client needs.
- Visits in home clients to evaluate the quality of care being provided and reviews clinical notes.
- Completes nursing initial and ongoing assessments of all in home clients within specified deadlines.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
- Obtains physicians plans of treatment and orders, and initiates their execution.
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
- Counsels and educates the patient/client and family in meeting healthcare related needs.
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing the patient’s/client’s progress.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote coordination of patient/client care and planning for discharge.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
- Supervises paraprofessional and licensed professional team members.
- Secures equipment and supplies and coordinates placement for use in the home.
- Refers to other services as needed.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Office’s Emergency Preparedness program, as requested.
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively manage an assigned patient population.
- Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and has a current license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she practices.
- One (1) year management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:· Able to perform and evidence of current CPR certification for adults, children and infants.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and workplace software.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the patient.
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient needs and scheduling.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport patient.
Interim HealthCare - Novi, MI