Position: Director of Human Resources/Total Rewards
Job Type: Contract (termp-perm)
Hourly Rate: Based On Experience
Location: Glen Ellyn, IL - *remote capabilities*
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Director, Human Resources and Total Rewards recommends and leads Human Resources practices, compensation and benefit practices and objectives that will enable an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a high quality workforce.
The Director, Human Resources, and Total Rewards guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services and programs in support of managers and employees in the following areas:
- performance management and improvement systems;
- organization structure and development
- employee engagement and training support
- employee relations.
• Member of the HR Leadership Team contributing to the strategic development of HR initiatives, Compensation and Benefits programs.
• Oversees Human Resources Partners to support managers and employees across the College in an efficient and timely manner to ensure consistent and quality service and support for assigned areas.
• Oversees and guides operational requirements to comply with College and external Compensation and Benefits compliance specifications.
• Establishes and monitors accomplishment of department goals, objectives, and systems.
• Oversees employee guidebooks including alignment with laws and regulations.
• Recommends Human Resources and Compensation and Benefit programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the College.
• Oversees the performance management system including the alignment between the performance management systems, employee development opportunities and the progressive discipline process across the College.
• Provides guidance and consultative services to employees and supervisors related to employee relations and performance management issues.
• Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship.
• Collaborates on proactive approaches to conflict resolution, including oversight and participation in employee mediations, facilitation and coaching.
• Works closely with the Assistant General Counsel in investigations of employee complaints or concerns, as needed.
• Reviews management recommendations for employment terminations.
• Manages and monitor exit interview process to provide trend analysis and feedback to Vice President, Human Resources and College leadership.
• Ensures compliance with all existing governmental and reporting requirements and all laws.
• Partners with the Manager, Learning & Organizational Development to develop and deliver in-house employee training (including individual or departmental needs assessment).
• Recommends and manages a process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, workforce development, employee retention, organization design, and change management in collaboration with Manager, Learning and Organizational Development.
• Participates on search committees for management position candidates, as appropriate.
• Manages employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
• Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws and regulatory agencies.
• Serves as backup to Vice President, Human Resources.
Education - Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development or related field required or Master's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or related field preferred.
A minimum of seven years of progressive experience in Compensation and Benefits, and Human Resources operational processes required.
Experience or specialized Training in Employment Law, Compensation, Benefits, Organizational Planning, Organization Development, Training, and Labor Relations required.
Demonstrated experience in managing staff, project management and Human Resources program development and implementation.
Ten years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources, Compensation and Benefits preferred.
Specialized training in Employment law, Recruitment, Organizational Planning, Organization Development, Employee Relations, Training, Labor Relations, Compensation and Benefits preferred.
Higher Education or public sector experience preferred.
Ellucian Colleague, computer, printer, copier, scanner, calculator and phone.
MS Office software including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Visio.
General office environment.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Interim HR Consulting
Glen Ellyn, IL