Substance Abuse Counselor Registered
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
OVERVIEW: Founded in 1979 in direct response to rising rates of hunger and homelessness in North San Diego County, Interfaith Community Services works to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness by Helping People Help Themselves. Interfaith is the most comprehensive social services agency in North County, providing both immediate safety net services and long-term, life-changing programs designed to meet the holistic needs of people in crisis. Together, in partnership with 250+ diverse faith communities, more than 650 recurrent volunteers, and a growing staff of over 200, Interfaith provides a safe haven and pathway towards self-sufficiency for more than 17,000 community members annually.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: This position will provide direct services to clients located in addiction recovery programs within Interfaith. Registered substance abuse counselors work in conjunction with certified substance abuse counselors to provide support to clients who are experiencing homelessness, have alcohol and/or drug addictions, mental health, and social/legal/economic barriers. Registered substance abuse counselors maintain a safe and secure environment for the clients, ensure residents adhere to program policies, and support the mission of Interfaith Community Services.
- Supports Certified Substance Abuse Counselors in maintaining caseload as prescribed by supervisor
- Ensures a clean, safe and healthy environment for all clients.
- Ensures the program areas are kept drug, alcohol and violence free
- Informs clients of all policies and procedures, and ensure compliance
- Works with Certified Substance Abuse Counselors to conduct screenings, admission, treatment planning 1:1 and group classes
- Evaluates client needs and identify appropriate resources within and outside the agency; advocate for the clients’ needs
- Enters activities and client demographics into databases and daily facility logs
- Collects and submits documentation in a timely and accurate manner
- Responds to client concerns in a timely manner, providing information through informal discussions and group discussion/sessions
- Conducts searches and safely removes any items not permitted on property
- Professionally and politely answers incoming telephone calls, provides information, and log shift transitions into the service log
- Strictly adheres to participant confidentiality as required by County, State, and Federal (42 CFR) regulations
- Works with other agency staff to maintain cohesiveness of community
- Provides assistance and notifies appropriate agencies/organization in emergency situations, as described in standard emergency procedures
- Ensures that program always meet standards to pass State and Federal inspections
- Maintains contact with staff and supervisor to report any problems
- Coordinates wellness checks, fire drills and other checks annually or as needed
- Participates in all staff meetings and trainings
- Performs additional duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be currently registered by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP), California Association of DUI Treatment Programs (CADTP) or the California Association of Drug/Alcohol Educators (CAADE)
- Must maintain this registration without interruption and obtain certification within five (5) years from date of hire
- Must be credentialed by the County of San Diego’s Continuum of Care within the last three years or must pass the credentialing process as a condition of hire
- 6+ months of relevant experience required
- Experience working with individuals with alcohol, drug, mental illness, or homelessness required
- Paid Time Off – Three weeks to start!
- Paid Holidays – 13 scheduled
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- AD&D / Group Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Medical and Dependent Care
- Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Early Release Days!
- Work Anniversary Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement and Public Service Loan Forgiveness Eligibility
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Home Ownership Assistance Program
- Casual Work Environment
- Professional Growth and Career Development Opportunities
Interfaith is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, pregnancy, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, nationality, sex, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Interfaith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Interfaith Community Se
Get fresh Program Director Substance Abuse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.