Senior Business Analyst
Intercontinental Exchange Atlanta, GA
- Posted: April 22, 2021
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (ICE) presents a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology to provide solutions to business challenges in the financial sector. ICE team members work across departments and traditional boundaries to innovate and respond to industry demand. A successful candidate will be able to multitask in a dynamic team-based environment demonstrating strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities and the highest degree of professionalism.
This role will be part of a team of software developers responsible for building and maintaining global corporate tools to support various teams throughout the organization. This position requires technical proficiency as well as an eager attitude, professionalism, and solid communication skills.
- Collaborate with other internal groups to translate business and functional requirements into technical implementation for the automation of existing processes and the development of new applications
- Communicate with internal customers in non-technical terms, understand business requirements, and propose solutions
- Manage projects from specification gathering, development, QA, user acceptance testing, and deployment to production
- Prepare and present proposals and/or solutions to management and stakeholders
- Reconcile conflicting requirements with stakeholders
- Conduct demonstrations and training sessions for tools developed by the team
- Participate in meetings and organize work and/or training sessions around new software being introduced into the ICE technology environment
- Share knowledge and implement best practices in day to day activities
- Continually learn and enhance technical knowledge and skills
- Produce actionable platform requirements and specifications for development teams
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferably in technology, engineering, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst with emphasis on software development
- A good understanding of web applications, data structures, HTML
- Data analysis skills and competence in MS Word and Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently on multiple projects
- Minimal travel: 2-3 weeks per year
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with ServiceNow, Salesforce, or SharePoint
- Experience with SQL and Database Technologies (SQL Server, MySQL).
- Experience with Web Services / Web APIs including both SOAP and REST.
- Financial industry expertise
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.Additional Information
- Job Type: Standard
- Schedule: Full-time
BusinessView all jobs at Intercontinental Exchange