The Controller will be responsible for oversight of accounting and reporting activities. The Controller will lead and supervise a team of 3 staff members including functional responsibility over accounts payable, inventory and costing functions. The Controller reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Timely preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for related companies ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Inventory, Costing, Fixed Assets Functions.
- Variance Analysis
- Account Analysis
- Prepares Budgets and Forecasts
- Rebate Programs/Buying Group Programs
- Bank Reconciliations
- Sales and Use Tax Returns
- Personal Property Tax Returns/Manufacturer's Tax Return
- Lead person for financial review with CPA firm
- Management Reporting
- Other duties as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required
- 7-10 years of Accounting experience required
- 3-5 years of management experience required
- 3-5 year of manufacturing experience a plus
- Access experience preferred
- Advanced level proficiency with Excel (i.e.V lookups, IFAND formulas)
- Data mining or experience with robust databases/datasets a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, take initiative, and see projects through to the end.
Must have high proficiency in grammar and spelling. Must demonstrate a strong attention to detail.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide and convert all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to track multiple projects/tasks requiring input from other team members. Excellent electronic and hard copy file organizational skills.
Provides assistance to other members of the organization as needed. Interacts with co-workers in a professional, courteous manner. Maintains organized, professional workspace. Takes initiative to learn new tasks and solve problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, sit and talk and hear. The employee is required to primarily at a desk in a office setting within a manufacturing facility.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low. The temperature in the work environment is controlled in office areas. The employee must be able to work occasional overtime. The work week consist of Monday thru Friday 8am 5pm. Social distancing and wearing a mask are enforced and required.