The Utilization & Documentation Specialist will monitor and process SALs or encounter forms and timesheets for sub-contracted staff (billing items). Reconciles and verifies to ensure all services provided are billable. Files related documents after review and submission. Other responsibilities will include various levels of support to the Supervisor as well as the Utilization and billing departments under Fiscal. This person in this position will have access to staffing agency staff payroll and other personnel information as well as billing notes.
1. Provides chart maintenance involving billing documents.
2. Reconciles timesheets/encounter forms. Verify services, service date, duration, rate, signatures, check for accuracy against timesheet/encounter form/SAL, confirm services provided are within clients’ authorized weekly hours.
3. Communicate discrepancies with Interact program staff and contacts Children’s Services Director if necessary. Always keeps supervisor informed.
4. Uploads billing documents to appropriate Sharepoint folders.
5. Performs data entry as requested.
6. Maintains a tracking system related to billing documents to accurately share/report to Team Leaders/Director.
7. Assist with other related duties as assigned by Supervisor, including special projects, re-assignments, etc.
8. Adheres to safe work practices.
9. Must function in full compliance with all applicable policies and procedures, federal, state and local laws and Interact’s Code of Conduct. Must participate in Interact’s Compliance Program including reporting suspected violations of the compliance program or applicable laws or regulations to supervisor/manager/director or the Compliance Officer.
10. Must participate in Interact’s Quality Improvement activities as requested including supporting all programs in collecting, analyzing and utilizing outcomes measurements.
- Minimum High School + 1 year experience with billing or accounting preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
3. Highly detailed oriented.
4. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and work in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate competence with electronic medical records
- Clearance in accordance with PA Acts 33 & 80.