Paid Internship - IT Department -- Greater St. Louis Area
- Posted: over a month ago
Interco is a $150-million global recycling company headquartered on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in Madison. The company has been an industry leader providing metals, computers, and electronics recycling services with a focused track record of innovation and integrity since 1996.
The 400,000+ sqft. Interco Metaltronics recycling facility is comprised of five buildings on more than 40 acres centrally located on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in the shadows of the Gateway Arch. The facility boasts a 145,000 sqft. processing plant dedicated to the processing of computers and electronics with a patent-pending state-of-the-art Lithium-ion battery recycling plant. The remainder of the indoor facility is used for the processing of nonferrous industrial metals.
The company specializes in the placement of smelter-ready materials catering to a broad array of industrial, dealer, and government organizations. Interco ships nonferrous and electronics scrap worldwide utilizing established partnerships with end consumers in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and Asia.
The Interco team — consisting of commercial, logistics, administrative, information technology, and operations departments — delivers innovative solutions, competitive pricing, and quality service throughout the supply chain. The company has been an industry leader with a focused track record of innovation and integrity for more than two decades.
Interco has an opening for a Internship in the IT Department. The position requires a motivated attitude and an eagerness to learn about and succeed in the field of information technology.
The IT Intern works together with the IT Administrator to provide hardware, software, and networking support to company employees. This intern will assist in the monitoring and management of company websites which are hosted on-site and managed in-house.
This position requires a detail-oriented person eager to learn with the ability to follow clear instructions and an interest in computers, networking, and peripherals.
- Helping install, operate, and maintain computer networks and communication systems
- Performing tests on computer hardware
- Installing hard drives, memory, and CPUs into computers
- Configuring hardware and software
- Perform repairs on computer hardware
- Setting up computer workstations and peripherals
- Monitoring company hardware and software
- Research hardware, software, solutions as needed
- Installation of network hardware, software, and cables
- Assisting with company WordPress sites
The IT Intern may also work on other projects as needed.Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Must be mechanically inclined with some experience with computers
- Desire to learn about hardware, wiring, networking, software, and website optimization
- Experience with networking equipment
- Understanding of computer hardware and software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Diligent attitude and punctuality
- Programming experience preferred
- Must be naturally driven to produce high quality results with great care
- Applicants should be currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Networking, Information Sciences, Computer Programming, or a related field
Recent graduates with degrees in Computer Sciences or related fields may be eligible as well.
Physical Demands and Abilities
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Ability to lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.
- Pay rate: $12/hour
- Full-time and Part-time Internships are available
- Consistent work schedule 20-40 hours/week
- Term of internship 3-6 months
- Opportunity to transition to full-time position
- This position does not offer healthcare benefits
- This position is open to local students only
As a matter of company policy, Interco does not sponsor employment visas or hire from outside of the USA, nor does the company sponsor candidates who do not currently reside within the USA without an existing H-1B visa.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that will be required. Interco reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, including assigning or reassigning job duties or eliminating this position at any time.
Candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Work remotely: No
TechnologyView all jobs at Interco