Interco is a global recycling company headquartered on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in Madison. Interco provides metals, computers and electronics recycling services to a broad array of industrial, dealer, and government organizations.Job Description
Established full service computer and electronics recycling and metals trading company has openings for Industrial Maintenance Technicians to join the Warehouse Operations Team. The company has been an industry leader with a focused track record of innovation and integrity in a terrific work environment since 1996.
This is a full-time position offering a competitive hourly wage and an annual bonus with opportunity for advancement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots, repairs and rebuilds equipment in operations department including but not limited to balers and conveyors
- Repairs and maintains equipment as it relates to electrical, mechanical and hydraulics by methods such as: welding, fabricating, torching and painting, etc. including electrical 3 phase 480 experience
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and repair faulty equipment
- Work with Plant Manager to design, modify, or change equipment to work for specific functions
- Will work inside and underneath balers and conveyors
- Inventories and tracks all parts for equipment
- Occasionally moves maintenance tools, equipment, and machine parts weighing 50 to 100 pounds throughout the facility.
- Work independently on maintenance work orders
- Assist other maintenance personnel as needed
- Strong organization, prioritization, and multitasking skills
- Proactive, self-starter who can work independently
- Proven understanding of equipment drawings, technical manuals, blueprints, wiring schematics, and engineering specifications
- General facility and equipment repairs
- Electrical -- 3 phase 480
- General proficiency with welding and fabrication
- General industrial machinery and mechanical maintenance experience is a must Strong mechanical ability required
- Attention to detail
- Team player and ability to work with other departments within the organization
- Ability to use PC based software packages
- Good communication, organizational, and time management skills
Physical Demands and Abilities
- Experience with filling equipment, pneumatic systems, electrical, and welding are a plus
- Experience working at a metals processing facility is a plus
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs. occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Ability to work in hot or cold conditions for an entire shift
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance