Intercept Health Richmond, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Teacher for Residential Homes
Responsible for overall educational coordination of students, including delivery of Virginia Standards of Learning-based curriculum, utilization of research-based educational best practices and compliance with regulations of all involved regulatory agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Conference with the student, parents, legal guardian, LEA representatives, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, and other professionals, as appropriate, to gather educational information, including any eligibility-related plan (IEP, 504 Plan, FBA/BIP, etc.).
- Utilize information, as well as input related to desired progress/outcomes, to identify academic/behavioral areas of concern and goals.
- Determine and implement of appropriate academic performance testing and aligned standards-based curriculum,
- Responsible for design, planning and daily delivery of Individual Instructional Plans (IIP) that addresses academic/behavioral areas of concern and goals.
- Guide and counsel the student with adjustment issues, academic concerns, special academic interests and related goals.
- Provide effective course instruction using a combination of modalities (i.e. presentation, demonstration, discussion, activity, technology, etc.).
- Employ effective, research-based strategies/techniques and instruction to promote development in the following areas:
- sensory- and perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory,
- executive functions (i.e. goal-setting/planning/prioritizing, organizing, prioritizing, shifting, retaining/accessing/manipulating information in working memory, shifting flexibly, and self-monitoring/self-checking), and
- metacognition (i.e. assit the individual student in discovery most effective learning/behavioral strategies, as well as why, where, when, and how to apply each specific strategy).
- Provide classroom structure that incorporates Positive Behavior Support techniques to teach / coach student development of appropriate social behavior and self-management.
- Prepare, administer, and evaluate assignments, activities and measurements to assess and to track student progress.
- Communication and cooperation with parents, legal guardians and Local Education Agencies (LEA) to ensure compliance with all issues related to eligibility for disability services,
- Professional communication through appropriate preparation, maintenance and dissemination of accurate summaries, reports, report cards and progress notes detailing student participation and progress, as required by applicable policies, regulations and laws.
- Provide guidance and counsel to students exhibiting adjustment or academic concerns and/or special academic interests.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Licensed Teacher with Special Education, General Curriculum K-12 endorsement. Experience with youth in a residential setting, and/or experience serving emotionally/behaviorally challenged youth is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Teaching certificate (endorsement in special education preferred) and current driver's license.
EducationView all jobs at Intercept Health