School Based Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$700 sign on bonus!
School Based Specialist for Caroline County
This position requires you to be registered with the Board of Counseling as a QMHP-C or Trainee.
You must register at https://www.license.dhp.virginia.gov/apply/PersonSearchResults.aspx
Summary: The Therapeutic Day Treatment Specialist is responsible for providing a wide range of therapeutic services to a caseload of 3-6 clients under the supervision of the Clinical Program Coordinator and TDT Site Coordinator. The Therapeutic Day Treatment Specialist is responsible for addressing the daily needs of their client caseload, and the clients' school/workplace needs.
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a human services field and at least one year of experience providing mental health services to children or adolescents. Must be a QMHP-C. This position requires you to be registered with the Board of Counseling as a QMHP-C. Please list your registration number.
Experience : 1-4 years' experience working with children or adolescents (see above corresponding education requirements for specific minimum experience needed). Experience working with individuals with mental illness or intellectual/developmental disabilities will be considered in lieu of previous experience working with children or adolescents. Clinical experience working with children or adolescents highly preferred. Experience working in behavioral programs, counseling, and/or skills training highly preferred.
Essential duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Provide case management and service coordination to clients, their families, and support teams (including their schools and workplaces) as needed.
- Provide individual, group, and family services to all clients on caseload.
- Provide crisis intervention to clients as needed.
- Coordinate closely with other staff and community partners to ensure the appropriateness of treatment modalities and services being provided.
- Serve as clinical liaison to referral sources and parents regarding progress and needs; to include attendance of FAPT meetings and court hearings as necessary.
- Maintain high quality documentation of all case work, completed in a timely manner, and consistent with outlined program policies and licensure requirements.
- Create and develop individualized service plans, quarterly service plans, and monthly progress report reviews and report to community funding sources.
- Exercise sound judgment in proposing changes to treatment plans.
- Write and submit daily progress notes in accordance with program policies.
- Provide monthly progress reports as needed.
- Develop and implement plans for discharge.
TRAINING AND SUPERVISION
- Provide ongoing communication to the Clinical Program Coordinator on the status of client caseload (including working with the Clinical Program Coordinator on client consultation as needed).
- Lead/participate in staff training and/or seminar presentations as requested.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings.
- Participate in clinical team meetings as applicable.
- Participate in regular supervision with the Clinical Program Coordinator.
Intercept offers a competitive benefits package for all full-time employees to include: * Comprehensive Health Insurance options * Dental & Vision Insurance * Health and Child Care Flexible Spending Accounts * Comprehensive Employee Assistant Plan * Employer Group Life Insurance, optional buy-up insurances * Voluntary Long Term & Short Term Disability * 401(k) Retirement Plan * Paid Time Off * 7 observed holidays* Mileage Reimbursement * Partial cellphone reimbursement * Discounts at Verizon Wireless * Wellness Initiatives and team building activities * Opportunities for professional advancement for qualified individuals *
HealthcareView all jobs at Intercept Health