Interactive Education Concepts, Inc operating under the trademark of IMPROV Learning, is a rapidly growing (Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America), online education company located in Woodland Hills, CA.
We are proud of our accomplishments as a 4 times winner of INC 5000, fastest-growing companies in US; Top 100 fastest growing in LA County, and we are just getting started.
If you are driven individual who is passionate about People, Culture, and Community and agree with the perspective below, we would love to hear from you:
- Never Settle – You are always interested in what’s next, you celebrate your wins while exploring the next adventure.
- Thirst for Knowledge – You love to learn and grow!
- Love What You Do – You enjoy what you do and have fun with doing it. You take enormous pride and pleasure in your work.
As the Operations Coordinator, you will work closely with the CEO & COO to provide strategic and administrative support. Both will rely heavily on you, trusting that work will be handled reliably and efficiently with minimal oversight or hand-holding. Discretion and confidentiality are essential. You will manage mostly business-related tasks with some strategic support for the team, such as creating reports, researching and assisting to implement new programs, analyzing data, taking minutes, and other organizational tasks.
Operations Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations of the office
- Liaising with other departments and staff to understand administrative needs and communicate to leadership
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports, and presentations
- Planning and organizing projects
- Organizing and attending meetings and ensuring that leadership is prepared for meetings
- Organizing and maintaining calendars and making appointments
- Accurately recording minutes from meetings
- Follow-up on tasks set on meetings and update the relevant status reports
- Dealing with mail/packages
- Screening phone calls, inquiries, and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- Performing office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database
- Reading and analyzing incoming memos, submissions, and distributing them as needed
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports
Finance & Reporting
- Review financial transactions for accuracy
- Input transactions into the correct ledger
- Reconcile bank and other accounts
- Make deposits and record all cash receipts
- Manage the office petty cash fund
- Accounts receivable and payable management
- Gathering data into spreadsheets
- Maintain the data dashboards
- Assist in the full hiring process of employees, including recruitment, interviews, verifying work-history and references, and tracking of new possible candidates
- Help with new-hire procedures, including organizing employee orientation, creating new employee files, administering employee handbooks, and ensuring all necessary paperwork is correctly filled out and submitted to appropriate persons
- Track benefit plans, including health care, retirement, Workers Comp, etc.
- Make sure all health and safety regulations are followed
- Prepare materials and help organize employee performance reviews
- Execute all employee termination procedures, including advising employees on their rights and any benefits they are entitled to
- Make sure all employee records are filed correctly and kept confidential
- Abide by IEC enforced HR processes and current employment laws and regulations
Operations Coordinator Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience/interest in:
- Spreadsheets like Excel or GoogleSheets
- Google Docs
- Google Data Studio
- Excellent project management skills
- Personal effectiveness and credibility
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Genuinely enjoys both high-level strategic work and more mundane, basic tasks
- Critical thinker
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Ability to break down a complicated system/process
Our Vision: Rethink the Ordinary
What You Will be Doing:
We believe in thinking differently. We believe in challenging the status quo. We had an idea 25 years ago that changed the training industry forever. The notion was simple: the more you enjoy learning, the more you’ll remember. Our training programs were created in partnership with the World Famous Improv Comedy Club to make training Fun, Fast, and Effective. Since our unique edutainment courses have won copious accolades from Over 4 million students and a number of effectiveness studies later, we’re proud to say that we were right, we do SAVE LIVES!
We save lives through innovative safety training and education. We work with large employers, government agencies, and individuals to deliver unique E-learning programs. We need you to help us spread the word and save more people from injuries.