UI / UX Designer
- Posted: over a month ago
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. We offer award-winning desktop, mobile and web applications which provide our clients with the tools they need to be successful. Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IBKR); is rated #1 - Best Online Brokers 4 years in a row by Barron's , Best Online Brokers - Barron's Award (read more).
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer with good technical knowledge and ability to communicate effectively and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures, and maintain a high standard of design excellence while supporting the team and collaborating to service improvements
You will be part of:
As a UI/ UX designer you will be part of Trading System group .UI/ UX designer will work the full phased user experience, collaborating with developers, designers, and product mangers/owners on award winning mobile apps, desktop software, and our web-based trading platform. If you are hands on and love problem-solving/process driven aspects of UI/ UX, this is the position for you.
You will be responsible to:
- Create wireframes and graphical assets for development team.
- Develop use cases, workflow, interactions and specification documents.
- Rigorously test new features in beta to ensure flawless functionality.
- Assist with user research projects such as usability and end-user testing and develop recommendations for improvements in the platform.
- Monitor emerging trends in interactive technologies, content and design. Unify design for both desktop and mobile apps.
You are someone who will have:
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree, with a focus in one or more of the following fields: graphic design, human computer interaction, interaction design, product design.
- 3+ years of UI/UX experience.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe XD, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Experience designing UX/UI desktop / mobile applications.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and a desire to learn and incorporate emerging technologies in the UX/UI field
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Portfolio that demonstrates an ability to design clean, modern desktop and mobile interfaces.
- Strong ability to prioritize, organized and self-directed, with; ability to balance multiple complex initiatives and tasks.
Good to haves:
- Experience in the Financial Services field is a plus
- Experience with HTML and CSS is a plus
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899
BusinessView all jobs at Interactive Brokers