Technical Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Join the Interactive Brokers Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. We offer award-winning desktop, mobile and web applications which provide our clients with the tools they need to be successful. Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IBKR); is rated #1 - Best Online Brokers 4 years in a row by Barron's , Best Online Brokers - Barron's Award (read more).
You will be part of a team not only building one of the world's strongest trading and brokerage brands, but also uses technology in all aspects of its business to generate prudent, controlled growth.
We are actively seeking a talented and experienced technical Project Manager.
- Manage projects throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope and timeline.
- Coordinate with various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial requirements through implementation;
- Monitor project progress and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Create top level project documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum four years of project management experience
- Understanding of the tools and skills required to decompose projects into achievable tasks and goals appropriately sized and timed
- Familiarity with the processes / tools used to control project schedules, risks, and changes
Detailed knowledge of Collaboration tools like Confluence, SharePoint, Etc.
- Some level of proficiency with at least one programming language, such as Java or Python
- Excellent problem-solving skills , Strong teaming abilities
- Excellent written skills, the ability to generate, update and manage project proposals, scope statements and mandates accurately and quickly
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively and frequently communicate with project team members, managers and executives on key project timelines, priorities and deliverables
- Excellent managerial skills with an ability to grow into a leadership role of project managers in a growing, balanced / strong matrix organizational format
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899
TechnologyView all jobs at Interactive Brokers