Director, Laboratory Automation
At InterVenn, we believe no one should be blindsided by disease. Our technology enables and empowers the understanding of Glycoproteomics, a new clinical layer of biology beyond the genome, using a simple blood draw. InterVenn’s powerful solutions will broaden humankinds’ perception and interpretation of diseases like cancer. We look forward to having new members join our team who have diverse perspectives and backgrounds, challenge the status quo, and are solution oriented. If this is you, read-on and apply. Together, maybe we can change the world.
InterVenn Biosciences is seeking a Director, Laboratory Automation who will build and lead the automation team. The desired candidate will work closely with laboratory staff to automate, streamline, and optimize laboratory processes as well as engage management with options and plans to deliver scale. They will also have knowledge and experience with various automation platforms and formats used to deliver commercial LDT assays and workflows (Agilent, Hamilton Tecan, and/or Zinsser). In addition, they will understand the required testing and documentation to clinically validate instruments and new workflows that will ultimately lead to better diagnostic tests and impact patient lives.
- Establish and grow the automation group to manage scale. Identify automation solutions, develop and rank options, successfully socialize plans, and implement. Integrate automated workflows into our glycoproteomics diagnostic assays utilizing LCMS for sample characterization and quantification. Identify and incorporate innovations to facilitate continual improvement.
- Directly responsible for platform selection, justification, method development, programming, troubleshooting, error resolution, scalability, and training.
- Design & implement workflows for R&D applications and CLIA laboratory operations.
- Ability to clearly and collaboratively engage and coordinate with colleagues across the organization and in project/program teams to achieve timely results required.
- Establish and grow the automation team and provide training to new users.
- Apply first principles and DOE techniques to increase efficiency and decrease waste when developing or optimizing methods.
- Integrate sample tracking, data transfer, and multiple instrument communications into laboratory information management systems (LIMS) required.
- Experience specifically automating liquid biopsy and blood products workflows is highly desirable; familiarity of microfluidics a plus.
- Implement techniques to meet quality standards; exposure to design control desirable.
- Responsible for generating documentations, SOPs, protocols, and reports.
- Demonstrate clear oral and written communication skills.
- Exemplify our core values of scientific and data integrity and radical transparency while inspiring staff and building trust.
- BS degree in science or engineering, with 12+ years of relevant work experience. MS degree with 9+ years of experience or Ph.D. with 7+ years of experience, and a degree in Engineering, Bioengineering, Biophysics, Biochemistry, or equivalent.
- Experience developing automated workflows for commercial LDT assays delivered under CLIA regulatory environments is a must including knowledge of CLIA requirements.
- Expert programming liquid handlers and other robotics platforms.
- Experience with experimental design, and statistical data analysis.
- Some hands-on experience with mass spectrometry is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including clear written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment within a team of diverse scientific and operational skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required.
2 Tower PlaceSouth San Francisco, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.