InterSolutions is a full-service recruiting agency specializing in the property management industry. At InterSolutions, we are dedicated to finding the best permanent fit for our customers, and the best job searching experience for our candidates to land their dream job!
We are currently searching for a direct hire Community Manager for our client located in Syracuse, NY. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated leader with a background in Tax - Credit looking to take on a new challenge, we are looking for you!
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads, coaches, and evaluates property associates’ performance, including the completion of annual performance reviews
- Assumes primary responsibility for preliminary interviewing and selection of the property associates
- Excellent sales and leasing ability
- Manages the re-certification process yearly for residents.
- Achieves financial solvency through cost reduction and implementing systems to achieve 0% rent delinquency
- Participates in the preparation of the annual operating budget and maintains budgetary guidelines
- Develops and utilizes sound rent collection procedures, including following up with delinquent accounts
- Monitors landlord-tenant relations and mediates disputes when necessary
- Provides excellent customer service and follow through to residents
- Develops marketing plan to drive traffic to the community and ensure occupancy meets minimum standards
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in property management industry
- Prior supervisory experience in a management position, which includes annual budget processing, accounting, and interviewing/selection/disciplinary action of employees
- Ability to lead staff to meet job duties and expectations
- 1-2 years of experience with Tax-Credit housing
- Past lease - up experience preferred
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional manner when dealing with employees and company contacts
- Adequate computer skills to perform essential functions listed above
- Basic accounting/financial record keeping knowledge