Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will:
- Have a passionate purpose.
- Do worthwhile work.
- Make a difference in people’s lives.
InterCare is searching for a full-time RN Care Manager to join our team in Benton Harbor! At InterCare, you’ll find a rewarding and challenging work environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes: vacation/personal paid time off, sick time, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program, medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, and short term and long term disability insurance.
At InterCare Community Health Network, we believe all people have the right to equal access to quality health care.
Hours are typically Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5 PM with occasional late patient activity. Days and work schedule may vary due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing Population Health Management.
- Monitor evidence-based clinical indicators to assess progress toward better health.
- Initiate disease management protocols when necessary.
- In collaboration with provider, develop, revise, and evaluate process standards and clinical guidelines.
- Monitor patients in care management for services needed to meet quality measures.
- Provide patient education.
- Identify patient teaching needs related to disease management.
- Document patient teaching and comprehension.
- Inform patient of need for continuum of care.
- Identify patient learning needs and assess patient’s knowledge, skill level, and readiness for learning.
- Develop and acquire educational materials, supplies, and equipment necessary for learning.
- Provide care management to identified patient population.
- Identify at-risk patients.
- Perform comprehensive patient assessments.
- Initiate evidence-based care planning with the patient/family.
- Monitor patient’s self-management goals and help identify barriers to care.
- Provide medication management and adherence education within the scope of Care Management.
- Coordinate care across all health settings utilizing CCD-A’s and knowledge of hospitalizations and ER visits.
- Support and utilize community referral base; make recommendations to providers, patients, and families regarding the availability of services based on coverage by the patient’s payer or the patient’s ability to pay for services.
- Participates as a clinical team member
- Assist clinical co-workers with maintaining efficient patient flow.
- Engage in process improvement initiatives.
- Identify training needs of self or support staff to Health Care Manager.
- Participate in training to improve patient outcomes.
- Actively participate in daily huddle.
- Adhere to all regulatory body, infection control, and organizational standards.
- Current RN license in the State of Michigan.
- BLS Certification, to be completed within two months of employment.
- Minimum of one year of ambulatory and/or hospital nursing experience preferred.
- Care management experience preferred.
- Displays compassionate, ethical, and professional demeanor.
InterCare Community Health Network is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Bangor, Michigan. We employ 400 medical and dental health professionals and support personnel at multiple locations. InterCare is a federally qualified health center dedicated to improving individual health and reducing health issues in the communities that we serve. InterCare Community Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
InterCare participates in E-Verify and once you have accepted a job offer and completed your I-9, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
InterCare Community Health Network