***Contingent Upon Contract Award
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Why Work at Inter-Con?
Passion: Inter-Con is a thriving company that is passionate about its products and people. Joining the Inter-Con family is an opportunity for growth and career advancement in an environment that truly cares for its employees. By joining the Inter-Con family, you’re working with the best to build a safer future.
People: Inter-Con is more than a company, it’s an alumni base. We believe in positioning the right people in the right place to help them achieve their long-term aspirations for career growth. We have transitioned thousands of security officers into successful careers in law enforcement, government services, foreign affairs and many more. Your career success drives our success.
Benefits: Inter-Con offers excellent full-time and part-time benefits that include: flexible scheduling to accommodate lifestyle commitments, vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, sponsorship for Top Secret Clearance, comprehensive training, discounts on higher education and much more.
Partner with us to begin a journey that begins with a commitment and leads to a career of a lifetime. Stand out. Be proud. Be Inter-Con!
At Inter-Con we take pride in providing customized security solutions for our clients. To us, that means the right officer in the right place and at the right time. In many cases our clients desire a softer security plan that meets their values and needs, but where high value people and assets are involved, others may prefer a more obvious security presence. As an Unarmed Security Officer, you will be part of a highly trained security team that supports critical facilities and infrastructure, public venues that required an enhanced presence and personal protective services. As an Unarmed Security Officer, you are an integral part of the broad spectrum of specialized security services Inter-Con provides its clients every day.
Specific benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Recognition and Reward Programs.
- Training and Career Development.
- Opportunities for Medical, dental, Holidays, vacation and sick, and 401 (k) retirement plan.
- Uniform and equipment provided
- Additional benefits vary depending on position.
Construction Site Access Control and Monitoring
Uniformed unarmed cleared personnel with DOE L and/or Q level security clearances (or equivalent security clearances from other federal agencies) to control access to and monitor construction sites and infrastructure projects. Services may include but are not limited to the following:
- Control and restrict construction site access to authorized personnel performing on the project, vehicles/personnel delivering equipment and materials, and Contractor and/or Government representatives overseeing construction progress. Promptly notify the site’s protective force of situations when unauthorized persons are attempting to gain site access.
- Monitor construction sites and promptly report suspected theft or vandalism of equipment, tools and materials and supplies to the site security forces.
- Observe site activities to ensure construction site personnel are not engaged in improper or illegal activities such as photographing site facilities. Make regular patrols of the site and the construction site perimeter. Promptly report suspicious situations to the site’s protective force for their investigation and resolution.
- Immediately report all site security and medical emergencies to the appropriate Contractor organization for response. This includes reporting potentially life and/or site threatening situations observed so that Contractor security force and/or medical personnel can take action to lessen or eliminate the situation.
- Inspect vehicles and equipment for prohibited and controlled items. Immediately report irregularities found to the Contractor security force.
Unarmed escort services by uniformed personnel with DOE L and / or Q level security clearances (or equivalent security clearances from other federal agencies) in support of construction and infrastructure projects. Some escorts may be assigned to work in buildings requiring an upgraded Q-clearance. Prior to being assigned to this type of work, an escort must possess a Q-clearance, with a special designation of Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI), otherwise known as a QSCI clearance. Services may include but are not limited to the following:
- Escorting workers or approved visitors associated with the project to and from designated staging areas to the construction site.
- Escorting equipment and material delivery vehicles from designated staging areas to construction sites as well as escorting delivery vehicles back to the designated staging areas after their business is concluded.
- (Escorting work crews on small infrastructure projects to / from the jobsite and monitoring the workers activities to ensure they remain only in designated jobsite location to complete their tasks.
- Personnel performing on-site must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States and have no criminal record.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to withstand the physical demands of the job and must be capable of responding to emergencies.
- Maintain all legally required licenses and permits and renewed as specified by the applicable federal, state and or local regulation agency.
- Shall be able to read and follow detailed written instructions and be able to clearly communicate instructions in English to uncleared personnel.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license if operating a vehicle on a transaction.
- Must be physically fit to work the hours required by a transaction. Job conditions may require working indoors or outdoors in hot, cold, wet, or noisy environments. Job conditions may require personnel to stand for extended periods of time, walk to and from job sites, climb stairs, use fingers to feel objects or controls, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and reach with arms and hands.
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test.
Licensing, Permits & Certifications:
- Valid Driver’s License
- DOE L and/or Q level security clearances
- State mandated security licenses
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPR/First Aid Card
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we’ve hired thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as values your success and growth within our organization, please take a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities. Visit www.icsecurity.com/careers/.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc.
Why Work Here?Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security officer personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.