Unarmed Enhanced Officer - 16491
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Maintain high visibility as a visual deterrent to crime and criminal element.
- Answer routine questions for directions and handle minor problems.
- Monitoring the entry and exit of personnel at Client Agency facilities
- Observe and immediately report situations to the appropriate personnel, and/or emergency services via telephone, radio or any means possible.
- Immediately contacting local law enforcement or emergency personnel by calling 911 (or 9-11 from a state phone) in the case of: assault, burglary, robbery, vandalism, or any suspicious activities, a seriously injured or ill person like a heart attack, store, or seizure and fire or smoke
- Inspecting facilities to ensure doors, windows, roofs and lights are secure and not defective
- Note any areas where staff is working after-hours
- Report any accidents or injuries
- Report electrical outages, broken pipes, smashed windows and notify proper department to make repairs immediately.
- Protecting state property and deterring theft by physical presence while making security checks throughout Client Agency facilities
- Reporting of unusual conditions to the proper personnel, including law enforcement
- Maintaining security logs; writing incident reports; and notifying the appropriate Client Agency personnel
- Must be mentally alert and capable of exercising good judgment, implementing instructions, and assimilating necessary specialized training.
- Must have the ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Must have the ability to understand and carry out oral and written direction and write accurate and clear reports
- Must be able to monitor environmental and electronic security systems.
- Must undergo a physical examination within six (6) months prior to their assignment.
- Must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen examination within six (6) months prior to their assignment and present the results for inspection. The screen must have the ability to detect the use of: marijuana, cocaine, heroin, amphetamines, opiates, and benzodiazepines.
- Must complete training in Security and Emergency Procedures, Crowd Control, Irate/Hostile individual and Public Relations
- Must undergo training in matters of state policy regarding drug awareness, sexual harassment, workplace violence, discrimination, and prohibition of the use of equipment.
- Successfully complete training for operating electronic computer and/or alarm and communication systems.
- Must undergo formal training, if necessary.
Education & Experience:
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
Licensing, Permits & Certifications:
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License or a California Identification card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles and carry it in their possession while on duty.
- If driving is a requirement for the assignment, a valid California Driver License is mandatory.
- Must complete training in First Aid and CPR and maintain current certification that will be carried while on duty at all times.
- Guard Registration card
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Must be fully capable of performing the full range of security work requiring moderate to arduous physical exertion under either normal or emergency conditions.
- Exhibit good general health without physical defects or abnormalities which would interfere with the performance of duties under the contract
- Must possess a good distance vision in each eye, correct to 20/30 on the Snellen chart. In addition to that, must possess normal fields of vision, good depth perception, close vision correctable to Jaeger #4 type test of both eyes, and ability to distinguish basic colors
- Hearing loss must not exceed 30 decibels in both ears or 35 decibels in the poorer ear.
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we’ve hired thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as values your success and growth within our organization, please take a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities. Visit www.icsecurity.com/careers/.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. License PPO# 6822
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc.Why Work Here?
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security officer personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.
AddressLos Angeles, CA