*Contingent Upon Contract Award*
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Why Work at Inter-Con?
Passion: Inter-Con is a thriving company that is passionate about its products and people. Joining the Inter-Con family is an opportunity for growth and career advancement in an environment that truly cares for its employees. By joining the Inter-Con family, you’re working with the best to build a safer future.
People: Inter-Con is more than a company, it’s an alumni base. We believe in positioning the right people in the right place to help them achieve their long-term aspirations for career growth. We have transitioned thousands of security officers into successful careers in law enforcement, government services, foreign affairs and many more. Your career success drives our success.
Benefits: Inter-Con offers excellent full-time and part-time benefits that include: flexible scheduling to accommodate lifestyle commitments, vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, sponsorship for Top Secret Clearance, comprehensive training, discounts on higher education and much more.
Partner with us to begin a journey that begins with a commitment and leads to a career of a lifetime. Stand out. Be proud. Be Inter-Con!
At Inter-Con we take pride in providing customized security solutions for our clients. To us, that means the right officer in the right place and at the right time. In many cases our clients desire a softer security plan that meets their values and needs, but where high value people and assets are involved, others may prefer a more obvious security presence. As a Security Project / Operations Manager, you will be part of a highly trained security team that supports critical facilities and infrastructure, public venues that required an enhanced presence and personal protective services. As a Security Project / Operations you are an integral part of the broad spectrum of specialized security services Inter-Con provides its clients every day.
The Security Project / Operations Manager will have oversight of the administration and operations of the ICS physical security team. At the direction of the Account Manager, the Security Project / Operations Manager will supervise general security operations and may assist with contract administration, budgeting, expenditures, procurement, and contract modifications/additions. This position will also serve as the project manager for various initiatives, including technology/system and building modifications. He/she will work closely with IT and Facilities Department personnel.
The Security Project / Operations Manager will possess strong project management skills and will be able to write clearly and effectively, and is a consensus-builder with good leadership skills. The Security Project / Operations Manager will provide critical counsel to the Account Manager and the foundation on a variety of future and current operational issues and will be responsible for effective coordination of executing foundation security requirements through the ICS management staff.
- Supports and advises the Account Manager on all issues related to improving operations to support foundation Security Program objectives
- Supports the development (future operations) of policies, systems and procedures that reflect Security Program needs and that will increase efficiency through operational excellence. Coordinates with other foundation partners to ensure a well-orchestrated development of security program.
- Coordinates ICS Management Staff to facilitate effective working relationships, overflow support, and workload balancing among staff members.
- Facilitates regular communications with and meetings of the ICS staff to ensure awareness of upcoming events and sharing of best practices.
- Provides critical counsel to the ICS Management Staff and the foundation regarding physical security requirements
- Collects and reports operational metrics to ICS and the foundation to ensure continued effective and efficient execution of the contract.
- Speak, read, and write English
- Three to five years managing security programs at a US Nuclear Facility (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related is preferred
- Additional experience working in the fields of Private Security, Law Enforcement, or applicable Military experience
- Active DOE Q or L Clearance or equivalent DOD clearance - required
- Four-year degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 10 years of professional‐level experience required. Prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement and/or military required. Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of security industry a plus
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and ability to safely operate a Company vehicle required
- Must be willing to travel – position requires frequent travel to different sites within the area
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Demonstration of strong customer service orientation required, with ability to effectively resolve client issues in a professional and service‐focused manner and to de‐escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required including the ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and email a considerable plus
- Professional, articulate; and able to use good independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to effectively enforce post orders, security standards, and company policies equitably and consistently
- Experience in hiring, developing, motivating and retaining quality staff
- Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required
- Must be available to work outside normal shift schedule on an as‐needed basis, and must be accessible by phone 24/7 for emergency response
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we’ve hired thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as values your success and growth within our organization, please take a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities. Visit www.icsecurity.com/careers/.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. License PPO# 6822
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc.
Why Work Here?Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security officer personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.