Security Officer at Nuclear Power Plant
- $23 to $24 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
Ask the recruiter about our Sign-on Bonus for those with a valid Guard Card.
- Entry and egress access control
- Roving patrols of interior and exterior building areas
- De-escalating disruptive visitor, employee or patient behavior
- Communicating with designated site employees regarding incidents or daily security rounds
- Visitor and building employee identification verification
- Direct parking lot traffic as needed
- Review security alerts issued by company
- Ensure visitors and staff park in appropriate locations
- Manage crowd controller and traffic control
- Transporting office employees between parking locations.
- Preparing incident and daily operating reports
- Monitoring and responding to building intrusion detection systems
- Monitoring cameras, alarms and fire detection equipment
- Responding as necessary to support other life safety duties and standard operating procedures
- Gather data regarding incident types encountered by guards
- Consult on strategies to reducing real and perceived security exposures
- Other specific tasks as requested
- Sign in and sign out all visitors in the Visitors Spreadsheet log and issue identification badges
- Conduct periodic patrols inside and outside the buildings
- Deter and report unauthorized personnel in or around the facilities
- Provide intrusion and fire alarm monitoring and respond
- Visually inspecting all facility safety equipment including fire extinguishers, fire rated doors, AED, etc.
- Prevent the occurrence of fires, explosions, collapses and other catastrophes and assist in minimizing the effects thereof and restoring area to a safe condition.
- Safeguard and deter the commission of crimes against persons and property and summon the appropriate response forces and assisting response forces when necessary.
- Respond to and investigate all smoke and fire alarm conditions and any other indications of suspicious activities within assigned areas.
- Maintain the scene of an incident or crime to protect evidence in accordance with established professional procedures.
- Accompany staff after dark to their vehicles, when requested.
- Check all floors as staff and janitorial personnel leave for the day to insure lights and any other electrical units are safely turned off, when requested.
- Report all potentially hazardous conditions and items in need of repair, including inoperative lights, leaky faucets, toilet stoppages, broken or slippery floor surfaces, and other safety-related hazards to site personnel.
- Strive to maintain order with assigned areas consistent with security guard straining and equipment so as not to unreasonably endanger property and/or persons
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security officer personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc.
5000 Pacific Coast HighwaySan Clemente, CA
Get fresh Security Officer at Nuclear Power Plant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.