Operations Administrative Support Specialist
Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading global security company, providing a full range of physical security services to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con specializes in providing customized security services to clients whose needs exceed the capabilities of traditional guard firms. Clients include the Departments of State, Justice, Homeland Security, Energy, and Defense, as well as Fortune 500 companies, major public utilities, and ultra-high net worth individuals.
Inter-Con employs over 35,000 security personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience. Inter-Con remains 100% family owned and managed and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions.
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
As an Operations Administrative Support Specialist, you will report to the Staffing Operations Manager. While your duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice, the major responsibilities of your position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Experience with MS Office Suite
· Excellent Customer Service skills
· Able to interact within Inter-Con’s corporate environment and effectively communicate with all levels of management
· Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines
· Excellent time-management, organization and multi-tasking skills required
· Team player with business maturity, enthusiasm, and a positive work attitude
· Sense of urgency
Essential Job Duties
· Manage daily operational and administrative functions
· Support Client requests for additional services and change requests
· Communicate with Officers efficiently and quickly to address gaps in scheduled hours
· Provide frequent updates to the Staffing Operations Manager of potential issues regarding scheduled hours, staffing deficiencies, and client requests
· Develop and implement project plans for key strategic initiatives designed to improve scheduling operations capabilities and responsiveness across California
· Leverage available systems to optimize scheduling and reduce operational costs
Experience and Education
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
· College degree strongly desirable
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via telephone), and be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports.
· The job is generally performed in an office setting.
· The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
· The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
· Must be able to focus and multi-task in busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
· Must pass a federal background check.
· The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to climb stairs, ladders or ramps.
· Must be reliable and able to commit to work given schedule including over-time as needed
· Must maintain flexibility regarding job assignments, which may include performing work for other departments, at different locations, and with mandatory overtime
· Must maintain flexibility and be able to work outside of weekly schedule depending on the needs of the business
Why Work at Inter-Con?
Passion: Inter-Con is a thriving company that is passionate about its products and people. Joining the Inter-Con family is an opportunity for growth and career advancement in an environment that truly cares for its employees. By joining the Inter-Con family, you’re working with the best to build a safer future.
People: Inter-Con is more than a company, it’s an alumni base. We believe in positioning the right people in the right place to help them achieve their long-term aspirations for career growth. We have transitioned thousands of officers into successful careers in law enforcement, government services, foreign affairs and many more. Your career success drives our success.
Benefits: Inter-Con offers excellent full-time and part-time benefits that include: flexible scheduling to accommodate lifestyle commitments, vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, sponsorship for Top Secret Clearance, comprehensive training, discounts on higher education and much more.
Partner with us to begin a journey that begins with a commitment and leads to a career of a lifetime. Stand out. Be proud. Be Inter-Con!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, with or without notice.
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we’ve hired thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as values your success and growth within our organization, please take a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities. Visit www.icsecurity.com/careers/ for more information.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. License PPO# 6822