Bookkeeper - 19028
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. Gerrardstown, WV
- Posted: over a month ago
Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing a full range of physical security services to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con (ICS) provides custom client solutions tailored to quality with the flexibility to operate in highly complex environments. The firm specializes in providing tailored services to clients whose needs exceed the sophistication and expertise of traditional guard firms. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.Job Summary:
The Bookkeeper reports to the Peacemaker, Director of Special Services in functions related to accounting for Peacemaker operations. The major responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:Duties/Responsibilities:
- Reconcile daily retail point of sales to cash receipts
- Maintain and safeguard the petty cash fund
- Record, manage, and reconcile inventory
- Manage and monitor fixed assets
- Act as payment processing site administrator (ie. PayPal, Stripe)
- Coordinate AP/invoice processing (ie. request W9s, submit, approve and code invoices)
- Prepare monthly journal entries to record cash and credit card sales, COGS and operating expenses
- Prepare account reconciliations including cash/credit card, inventory and other accounts
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements (P&L’s) in compliance with GAAP
- Prepare budget and variance explanations
- Manage the annual audit process
- Identify and implement process improvements (ie. system implementation/integrations—inventory system, POS system etc.)
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports as needed
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational and project management skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, from an accredited college
- 5-7 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. License PPO# 6822
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc.Why Work Here?
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security officer personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.
Finance and Insurance