Armed Enhanced Officer - 17412
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. Alhambra, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Constant or frequent personal surveillance of the secured areas
- Close observation of persons within the secured areas to detect evidence of damage, misuse or theft of property
- Monitoring equipment deliveries and construction contractor activities
- Close visual inspections of persons and vehicles entering and exiting the secured areas to ensure that nothing is either introduced or removed without proper documentation
- Reporting persons suspected of committing illegal or unauthorized acts
- Immediately reporting any unsafe or potentially unsafe conditions that could cause fires, explosions, collapses and other hazards by close and detailed observation of buildings, building equipment, supplies, vehicles and personnel within secured areas or as detailed in post orders
- Prohibiting unauthorized personnel and vehicular access to property
- Enforcing procedures to report trespassers on property, and being properly trained to apprehend as specified by established by local post orders
- Monitoring and responding to alarm system communications (phone calls, duress alarms, computer-generated alarms, etc.).
- Demonstrating good presence of mind and the ability to make timely decisions
- Notifying appropriate agencies and company management personnel as per local post orders.
- Conduct interior and exterior patrols within an office, industrial complex or at construction sites. Perform parking lot patrols
- Check all personnel entering facilities. Log in all visitors, vehicles and vendors. Issue visitor badges as required. Maintain security, visitor logs and other records. Administer access control over vehicles entering garages or other parking structures
- Participate in assigned position as part of the building fire and emergency action plan.
- Use Thomas Brothers Street Guide or MapQuest type electronic mapping software and facility list to locate company facilities
- Prepare and submit security reports that are legible, accurate and complete and provide assistance to investigators as required
- Respond as directed to alarms and company emergencies in a timely manner
- Respond to crowd and traffic control duties during emergency conditions as directed by management
- Make all communication check-in calls on time or account for absence prior to the check-in time
- Communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally, in writing, and over various communications systems
- Have reliable transportation
- Physically capable of performing the assigned work
- Exhibit good general health without physical defects or abnormalities which would interfere with the performance of duties under this contract
- Be able to meet all applicable licensing, registration and certification requirements in the state in which the officer's assigned facility is located
- Prepare and submit security reports that are legible, accurate and complete
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Submit to background investigation
- Submit to drug screening (5 panel)
- Submit to DMV records check
- Submit to an industry-approved psychological testing
- Free of any criminal convictions
- Complete an online security questionnaire
- Must be able to use a Thomas Brothers Street Guide or MapQuest type of electronic mapping software
- Must be able to operate a hand-held radio, cell phone or other communication devices as needed
- Basic computer skills
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
Licensing, Permits & Certifications:
- Valid California Driver’s License
- California Security Guard Registration Card
- Exposed Firearms Permit with former military or law enforcement experience
- California Security Guard Registration Card
- Certified in First Aid, CPR, AED, NERC training (where needed, within 45 days of assignment)
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Well-proportioned as to height and weight and be in good general health without physical defects which would interfere with the performance of duties.
- In possession of binocular vision, correctable to 20/30 (Snellen).
- Able to distinguish between standard colors.
- Capable of hearing ordinary conversation at 20 feet. The use of hearing aids is permissible.
- Able to perform normal or emergency duties requiring moderate to arduous exertion such as climbing stairs or ladders, lifting or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds, running short distances and self-defense
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we’ve hired thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as values your success and growth within our organization, please take a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities. Visit www.icsecurity.com/careers/.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. License PPO# 6822
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc.Why Work Here?
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security officer personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.