Perform duties required to maintain and repair polyethylene blown film extrusion lines with conveying and winding equipment and multi-lane bag machines with auto pack equipment. Mechanic will be familiar with a variety of mechanical concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others.
- Minimum of 3 years mechanical and/or electrical experience maintaining industrial equipment or equivalent
- Welding Certifications, preferred
- Advanced Fabricating Skills, preferred
- Degree, preferred
- Ability to work shift work, weekends and 12 hour shifts
- PC skills/aptitude with Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Internet Explorer
- CPR/First Aid Certification, preferred
- Welding Skills
- Knowledge of fabrication and machine shop practices
- Forklift, Scissor-lift, boom-lift operator training
- Successful completion of maintenance training matrix with eligible score for next step progression
1. Ensure GMP are exerted throughout the production process
2. Ensure production process follows SQF Code
Knowledge and ability to make decisions on equipment repairs. All other decision-making through manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB TASKS & DUTIES
1. Read the following types of prints: machine, building and flow control diagrams.
2. Work from blueprints, sketches, manuals, extremely close specifications and instructions from maintenance manager.
3. Design and build complex parts, frames and stands.
4. Cut out square and parallel openings in guards and panels.
1. Possess leadership and training abilities to effectively lead and train personnel in the proper maintenance of equipment and facilities.
2. Diagnose and repair major equipment issues. The ability to use all internal and external means to restore manufacturing equipment and facilities to full operational status.
3. Perform preventative maintenance on extruders and bag machines according to close specifications and standardized procedures
4. Communicate with appropriate production personnel regarding mechanical problems and provide technical assistance as required.
5. The ability to reduce operational costs in the manufacturing process by improving the design of equipment, reducing the repair cost for equipment, providing new tools and methods for the process and identifying new capital investments to improve efficiencies.
6. Evaluate and make recommendations for machine improvement and upgrades.
7. Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
8. Operate forklift, scissor lift, knuckle lift, bucket truck, forklift boom.
9. Troubleshoot rotary and piston type compressors, PM air compressors. Troubleshoot air dryers and know how to repair and service oil/water traps.
10. Replace, rebuild and troubleshoot water pumps.
11. Calculate gear ratios.
12. Work with close tolerances.
13. Design pneumatic controls.
14. Thread pipe.
15. Possess advanced abilities in arc, MIG and TIG welding.
16. Use hydraulic, pneumatic, piping and mechanical schematics in trouble-shooting and repair processes.
17. Possess a working knowledge and have the capability to operate the following: vertical mill, machine lathe and surface grinder. This requirement extends to general fabrication and repairs to machinery repairs.
18. Effectively fabricate mechanical equipment/devises using schematic or mechanical drawings from a variety of building materials such as metal, plastics, wood.
19. Effectively diagnose problems, repair open, and enclosed gear reduction devices in a range of -horsepower to 300-horsepower rated gearboxes. Includes helical, herringbone, double helical and cone-drive types/configurations.
B. MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, ELECTRONIC DEVICES & SOFTWARE
- Hand Tools
- Measuring tools
- Electrical Test Equipment / Meters
- Metalworking Tools
- Cutting Tools
- Woodworking Tools
- Powered Hand Drill
- Jig Saw
- Circular Saw
- Cut-off Saw
- Portable Band Saw
- Portable Magnetic Drill Press
- Vertical Band Saw
- Horizontal Band Saw
- Welding Tools
- Bridge Port
- Belt Sander
- Scissor Lift
- Bucket Truck
- Rigging and moving equipment
- Hydraulic Press
- Pressure Washer