Intelon Optics is a rapidly-expanding world class medical technology and innovation company.
This position offers the opportunity to contribute to the Medical Technology business and help shape the future of intelligent medical devices for ophthalmology. If you are excited about solving complex, multivariate technical and systems challenges in the medical domain, and passionate about developing modern, robust, safety-critical software that serves a meaningful purpose, then this role could be for you. You will work as a member of our software development team and participate in creation of innovative optical products and technologies.
This role offers continuous exposure to the latest developments in an exciting field poised for growth, as well as the wide spectrum of programming languages, cutting edge technologies, API’s, and people who are passionate about the future of technology in healthcare.
This role is based in our new state-of-the-art innovation center, located in Lexington, MA.
• Apply your software development skills to the entire product development lifecycle of intelligent, automated medical devices. Your primary role will be to design, develop and test software for complex medical systems for ophthalmology applications, with a focus on full stack of GUI, Controller and data Model application tiers. This also includes image and video processing and rendering techniques for comprehensive instrument data visualization, as well as mathematical data processingalgorithms
• The Controller tier will be interacting in real-time with the instrumental /algorithmical tiers, which implies strong understanding of process interaction protocols, synchronization, multithreading, transactions, performance, implementation of both asynchronous and real-time calls and operations.
• Contribute to the full software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, architecture, design, coding, and unittesting.
• Delivery of medical-grade software designs and code that meet definedrequirements
• Collaborate with team members across engineering disciplines includingmechanical engineering, electronics, clinical and regulatory affairs, and technical and scientific consultants.
• Play a key role in the ongoing improvement of our company’s technical offeringsby learning new skills andtools
To meet the demanding requirements of this role you will have an excellent undergraduate degree in a relevant engineering field (e.g., Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science); an advanced degree (Master’s or Ph.D.) in a related field is a plus. You will have greater than 5 years of experience in hands-on software development for complex, multi- disciplinary products. Prior experience with device development in the medical (or other regulated) environment is preferred.
The software tool chain includes: full stack Java (version 11 and up), Java FX, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate, SQL (SQLite), Liquibase, TCP/IP, Jaxon/JAXB data serialization. C++, C#, Python programming skill are a plus. OOP skills, proper use and understanding of design patterns, ability to document design solutions, including UML are a must.
Understanding of Windows OS aspects (services, processes, Windows IoT,applications installation and configuration, kiosk mode, etc.) is aplus.
Our Agile development process implies deep understanding of such concepts as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, as well as practical skills with Dev Ops tools suchas: JIRA, Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, SonarQube orequivalent.
Skills in release engineering, s/w versioning, deployment and maintenance aspects are a plus.
We are looking for someone who is adaptable, self-motivated, and able to work under pressure. We will expect you to be able to work collaboratively as part of a team and have the strong initiative and drive to work independently. You should have excellent self-organization, communication, and presentation skills.
Competitive salary and benefits with company incentive plan.
We believe that our company and business is better with a diverse team. We embrace and encourage our team members’ differences in age, ethnicity, disability, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our team members who they are.