- Develop process flow diagrams, piping & instrumentation drawings (P&IDs) and 3D instrumentation, pipe, and duct designs.
- Participate in in-field design validation
- Develop bill of materials for associated instruments, and associated assemblies
- Develop as-built drawings
- BIM coordination with construction trades
- Coordinate work with other process, mechanical, electrical and support disciplines
- The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where innovative and high quality work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. He/She looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job. He/She is an excellent cross-team communicator, with a knack for understanding, process, mechanical, and electrical systems as well as controls.
- Ability to model to fabrication (LOD 400) level detail for instrumentation and controls
- Ability to develop parametric family content within a Revit environment
- In depth knowledge of the ISA 5.1 standard
- Adapt to fast pace environment and change in design requirements.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interface with multiple engineering disciplines.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, NEC, and industrial codes.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD (recent releases), Revit MEP, Navisworks and Bluebeam.
- Proficiency with the Autodesk Dynamo
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Desire to achieve the impossible with a positive and professional "never say die” attitude.
- Ability to communicate clearly and interface at an executive level.
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (Level, temperature and pressure transducers, current and power meters, etc) is a plus
Control Systems BIM Designer, Gigafactory Design Team
Gigafactory Engineering is looking for a highly motivated designer for to join our control systems design team at Gigafactory 1 in the Reno/Sparks area. The Gigafactory design team drives to create the factory of the future by overseeing the design of cutting-edge large scale equipment and utility systems in support of highly innovating manufacturing processes.
Associates of higher in an engineering-related field or evidence of exceptional experience.
3-5 yrs of hands-on experience designing instrumentation & controls for industrial processes and high-tech infrastructure and operational facilities (semiconductor, solar, battery, etc.).