*****This position is located in Las Vegas, NV*****
ITI is seeking to hire a Linux System Engineer to support a government customer in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The candidate will be part of the Cyber Security Engineering team working in a 24x7x365 operational environment. The position requires communication with customers via email and phone regarding service outages and support requests. In addition to providing and documenting any updates of service tickets and track problem resolution. The candidate will also support enterprise IT operations and call center teams by monitoring network hardware and applications and execute engineering tasks to resolve issues. Applicant must be a positive, flexible, self-starter requiring minimal supervision, and able to excel in a fast-paced environment. Communication skills are critical with the ability to verbalize and provide documentation to both technical and non-technical audiences. Applicants must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task effectively.
The Linux Engineer applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security. Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology. Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers. Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy. Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments. Responsible for ensuring the protection of company data against unauthorized disclosure, accidental or intentional loss of data, or unauthorized modification.
• Follow up on technical issues with operations and call center teams and all stakeholders in resolution process.
• Support software and hardware issues and ensure stable system performance. • Execute engineering tasks in support of system performance tuning on workstations, applications or network infrastructure in support Linux, Unix operating systems.
• Partner with other team members to integrate Microsoft Windows services with Linux/Unix systems
• Observe industry best practices, standards, and procedures.
• Support maintenance and monitoring of the system/server infrastructure to include patching, system upgrade, backup, and configuration.
• Conduct problem management process (root cause analysis) attempt to determine the real or underlying cause of an incident in order to prevent future recurrences.
• Support forensic analysis, triage and break fix of system server/server related trouble tickets.
• Perform account management including user account creation and deletion. • Perform certification and professional development training to remain current on technologies and to improve skill sets and efficiency.
• US Citizenship
• Active Clearance or the ability to obtain required clearance. Candidate can work while clearance is underway.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security or related technical discipline
• Six (6) years professional IT experience.
• Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet.
• Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
• Experience with Apache web server configuration and management
• Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications • Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
• Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place.
• Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services. • Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain.
• Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
• Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes. • Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices: Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of best practices, trends related to information security.
• Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Good communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings and alternatives and influencing management decision making based on the best practices.
• IDM/Free IPA
• Open Nebula
• Satellite Server
• Training/certification in any of the following is strongly desired:
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
focused on building high availability cloud based IT infrastructures.
Intelligent Technologies Inc.
Why Work Here?Intelligent Technologies Incorporated (ITI) has been providing cloud infrastructure services, mobile application development, information security, and systems integration services to government and commercial customers since 2008. We are solution provider experts focused on building high availability cloud based IT infrastructures.
We offer competitive benefits and promote opportunities for continuous professional growth.