Consultant, Discovery Services
Intelligent Discovery Sol Costa Mesa, CA
- Posted: 15 days ago
iDiscovery Solutions is a boutique consulting firm whose Expert Services covers the gamut of complex investigative and advisory services, domestic and international discovery issues, digital forensics, structured and unstructured data analytics, cyber, information governance, and expert testimony.
For the third year in row, iDiscovery Solutions has been recognized as a leading eDiscovery consultancy by Chambers and Partners in their 2020 Litigation Support Guide. In addition, Dan Regard, President and CEO, has been recognized as a Band 1 eDiscovery consultant for a second time.
Over the course of 12 years, we have established a well-known footprint with offices in Washington, DC, Costa Mesa, CA, Alphretta, GA, and London, England. Additionally, we have employees who work from home in cities across the country. While COVID forced many companies to pivot, iDS embraces remote work and was already accustomed to engaging, managing and training team members from afar.
DISCOVERY SERVICES CONSULTANT (DSC) JOB INTRODUCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the Discovery Services Consultant (DSC) is to serve as an eDiscovery resource to clients and case teams by identifying appropriate eDiscovery workflows, ranging from the simple to the sophisticated; hands-on execution of the work; and establishing project management best practices. The Consultant has responsibility for assigned projects including; definition of plan, monitoring and communicating progress, creating and tracking budgets, managing client satisfaction, and management of assigned teams ensuring projects meet all project management standards. This position works alongside the SME Directors and Engagement Managers throughout the various phases of the e-Discovery lifecycle ensuring adequate communication between teams and with clients.
- Serve as an eDiscovery resource to internal teams and case teams by assisting in the troubleshooting of Discovery Services projects
- Under supervision, troubleshoot on work in Relativity, including, without limitation, creating standard and custom indexes; search term development, iteration and optimization; using data elements to further cull data (e.g., file types, file names, number of recipients); using Relativity’s suite of Analytics tools, including email threading, clustering, categorization, and active learning; creating searches of varying complexities for specific requests; using the RDC where necessary; validating sets of documents to be produced; and creating productions
- Effectively employ basic eDiscovery technologies and search skills (including developing terms, iterating on terms, and optimizing terms)
- Assist in the development of Project Plans for Discovery Services projects including the scope strategy, project schedules, calendars, budgets, and tasks
- Closely monitoring project/case status and providing routine status reports including task completion reports and data delivery schedules
- Provides professional and timely communication between client and internal operations
- Performs basic legal and factual research (including paper and electronic sources) when necessary
- Utilizes support of Engagement Managers to establish priorities and meet deadlines to ensure project accuracy and timeliness
- Assist with electronically stored information (ESI) agreements and other documents that relate to the discovery phase of litigation
- Revise current procedures and lead innovation in discovery / eDiscovery
- Develop and manage the implementation and execution of new processes and initiatives to improve efficiency, accommodate new types of data
- Participate in Business Development (BD) activities such as sales and client kick-off calls
- Attend regularly scheduled department, team and company meetings
- Enter and submit time and expenses according to company policy.
- May be asked to perform other duties not listed in this job description as required by business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree required; PMP or ACEDs certification or formal education in Project Management preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of project management and eDiscovery consulting experience within a professional services environment or vendor
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Project Management Methodology, Product Development Life Cycle and Design Controls
- Solid understanding of the electronic discovery process including, but not limited to, data identification, collection, restoration, and production
- Experience using eDiscovery processing and hosting tools; iPRO, Nuix, Relativity required
- Experience and exposure to industry analytics tools is strongly preferred (Relativity Analytics, Brainspace, etc)
- Experience using a CRM tool; SalesForce preferred
- Candidates must possess impeccable problem solving, reasoning and analytical skills with a solid understanding of core project management principles, particularly in providing litigation support services
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, effectively managing many details
- Demonstrated ability to interact with diplomacy and tact while maintaining appropriate assertiveness and persistence
- Positive attitude with a desire and willingness to solve problems
- The ability to seek out answers in the absence of formal direction
- This position has access to a variety of confidential information. Individual must maintain confidentiality at all times
- Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without an accommodation
- Flexibility regarding work schedule to meet position needs outside of regular business hours
- This position constantly communicates with members of the company, outside vendors, clients and staff. Employee must be able to confidently and accurately communicate in both written and verbal form
- Ability to travel when business needs require and COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted.
iDS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of job functions, responsibilities or requirements