Position Purpose and Scope of Responsibility:
IDSI is hiring a Senior System Administrator, who will be responsible for the implementation, support, tuning, and performance for central server and client architecture components and operating systems to support the development, testing, and production delivery of enterprise-wide, mission-critical applications and services for the JSJ7 Environmental Architecture Division (EAD).
· Responsible for the continuous operation of current physical and virtual systems, servers, networks and related infrastructure.
· Ability to be able to plan for future upgrades in hardware, software and technology in order to stay apprise of future capabilities.
· Knowledge of both Linux and Windows operating systems as well as Virtual Infrastructure appliances.
· Support testing, documenting and installing new software releases, patches and updates.
· Management of overall configuration to ensure it is integrated with other training tools, up to date and secure according to DISA guidelines.
· Perform hardware and software troubleshooting.
· Troubleshoot networking issues (Linux, Windows Networking, TCP/IP).
· Must be able to install, maintain, and upgrade computer hardware and software.
· Install, configure and update Operating Systems and Application Software.
· Monitor the use of system resources, hard disk, CPU, and memory and perform predictive analyses.
· Identify and build automation solutions to provide systematic management of information technology solutions.
· Provide training and oversight of Mid and Associate System Administrators technical work in accordance with direction from superiors.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Applied learning: Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Building Customer Loyalty: Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships. Effectively meeting customer needs; demonstrating professionalism; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Communicating with Impact to Build Trust: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals. Allocating decision making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization’s and individual’s effectiveness. Using a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team.
- Initiating Action and Following Up: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Establishing procedures to monitor the results of delegations, assignments or projects; taking into consideration the skill, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and characteristics of the assignment or project.
- Managing Work: Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality and Work Standards: Consistently setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks. Accomplishing those tasks by considering all areas involved and accurately checking processes.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills: Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- 5+ years of system administrator experience
- Active Secret security clearance required
· Bachelor's degree of Computer Science or related discipline
· Educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 7 years of applicable work experience.
· Directly related experience in computer repair and configuration.
· Functional knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems requirements and configuration
· Functional knowledge of Enterprise IT systems and network troubleshooting
· Experience with web-based applications including database backends
· Experience with cybersecurity policy and system hardening per DoD policy
· Knowledge software development desirable
· Linux Experience is mandatory
· COMPTIA Security+ mandatory
· DISA 8570 Compliance is mandatory
· General scripting knowledge including ansible, bash, cshell, ksh, perl desirable
· Excellent writing, communication and listening skills
· Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- 7+ years of relevant work experience as a Systems Administrator