Senior Software Engineer
Intelligent Automation, Inc. Rockville, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Intelligent Automation Inc. (IAI) specializes in providing advanced technology solutions and services to federal agencies, and corporations throughout the United States. Our research is supported by a cross-disciplinary team of over 250 research scientists and engineers. More than 75% of IAI’s technical staff have advanced degrees and over 50% of them hold Doctoral Degrees.
The Integrated Solutions Division is looking for Senior Software Engineers to support development of Java applications for the ARGUS Perimeter Security Solutions product line. The ARGUS platform consumes inputs from numerous sensors deployed over a large area and provides situational awareness to a guard force via a simplified user interface.
Summary of duties
- Design, develop, test and, maintain heuristics and algorithms for processing sensor input and other time-series related data
- Develop and implement new REST APIs based on ever changing requirements
- Participate in weekly reviews of system performance and develop new requirements as needed
- Provide mentorship to junior staff
- Develop and expand simulation and testing capability of the ARGUS platform
- Maintain and update software documentation
- Participate in Agile development team
Required Skills/Experience (depending on the experience and interest)
- Proficiency in Java programming language
- 5+ years of experience in Java (J2EE or SE)/JS
- 5+ years of experience in database (MySQL/Oracle/MongoDB/Cassandra) application development
- Experience with web services in JAX-RS
- Experience writing functional software tests using JUnit
- Experience with ANT, IVY, Maven, Gradle and/or NPM build tools
- Experience with Jenkins for automated builds
- Agile development process (as a developer or SCRUM master)
- Experience in Linux command-line tools: AWK, GREP, and TAIL
- Experience in other Java testing tools such as Hamcrest, Mockito and, Selenium
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science or related field
Intelligent Automation, Inc.
Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) is a technology innovation company headquartered in Rockville, MD. We specialize in providing advanced technology solutions and R&D services to federal agencies, and corporations throughout the United States and internationally. Leveraging agile R&D processes, a multi-disciplinary collaborative environment, and its substantial intellectual property portfolio, IAI excels in developing concepts into market-focused products and customer driven solutions. IAI's core R&D areas include: Air Traffic Management, Big Data & Social Media Analytics, Control & Signal Processing, Cyber Security, Education & Training Technologies, Health Technologies, Modeling & Simulation, Networks & Communications, Robotics, and Sensor Systems. IAI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet. For more information on IAI, please visit see http://www.i-a-i.com/careers.
15400 Calhoun DriveRockville, MD