The Robotics and Electromechanical Systems (REMS) Group at Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) has an open full-time position for a Research Scientist in computer vision and machine learning. We are looking for an outstanding self-motivated researcher with a Masters or Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with a background in computer vision and machine learning.
You will be working with the multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers to conduct R&D in the fields of video analytics, machine learning, robotics perception and AI. We have numerous active research and development projects where we design, integrate, test, and deploy systems for a range of applications, including image and video analytics, artificial intelligence, scene understanding, perception for autonomous systems, healthcare, training, and simulation.
The desired candidate should have a strong publication record in computer vision particularly in the areas of deep learning, object detection, tracking and classification, segmentation, cross-modality inference, self-supervised learning, activity recognition, and robotic vision. A solid background in programming is important.
CITIZENSHIP / VISA STATUS: Applicant must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green Card)
- Conduct research and development in the area of computer vision and image processing
- Design, implement, and integrate computer vision and machine learning algorithms and prototypes
- Interact with and support multiple research teams
- Support program management and business development efforts by writing reports and presenting to customers
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Masters or Doctorate degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, mathematics or other related field
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in research, engineering, or research & development
- Proficiency in Python, C++, and MATLAB
- Minimum 3 years of experience with computer vision techniques such as object recognition, segmentation, and classification
- Experience with machine learning or deep learning models
- Proficient technical writing and strong communication skills
- Familiarity with computer vision libraries and machine learning framework, such as OpenCV, PyTorch, and TensorFlow
- Experience with embedded vision development
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
Requisition ID: 20-1247
Intelligent Automation, Inc.