Mechanical/Material Research Engineer
We are looking for junior to mid-level engineers to conduct research and development in the areas of non-destructive evaluation, structural health monitoring, material failure analysis and modeling, vibration control, and sensing system development. The candidate should be proficient in the use of sensors and laboratory equipment, simulation tools (ANSYS, ABAQUS), worked on metallic and composite material. Experience in the determination of remaining useful life and damage model development is a plus.
U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident status is required.
· Develop innovative sensors, algorithms and advanced solutions in the areas of Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE)/Structural Health Monitoring (SHM), vibration control.
· Conduct simulation (FEA) and experimentation on both metallic and composite material/structures.
· Support R&D in the area of structural analysis, manufacturing.
· Work closely with project managers and be the technical lead on research projects.
· Successful candidates are expected to support and write research proposals to advance the state of the art in the areas listed above.
· 1-2 years+ experience in nondestructive and traditional metallic/composite material evaluation.
· Flexible and talented in learning new skills outside of the immediate area of expertise.
· Self-motivated, clear written and verbal communication.
· Experience in well-established NDE methods.
· Experience with signal processing, data analysis.
· Programming Languages: ABAQUS/ANSYS/NASTRAN, MATLAB, Labview, C, C++, C#, SolidWorks.
· Experience with technical report/proposal writing.
· Ph.D. or Master's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Material or related field.