Patent Legal Administrative Assistant I & II (Government Contractor)
Seeking full-time patent Patent Legal Administrative Assistant to join our growing Government Contract Team in support of a United States Government Agency by providing legal administrative support services in patent prosecution and docketing, technology licensing, technology transfer, invoicing, drafting legal documents, creating and maintaining files, all while working closely with various stakeholders. Help protect and strengthen America by providing legal support services to the U.S. Government.
· Minimum of 2-3 years experience in patent prosecution.
· Minimum of 3 years experience as paralegal.
· Familiar with USPTO and foreign patent prosecution documents and procedures.
· Experience using Microsoft, Sharepoint, and technology transfer softwares.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work well within groups handling large volume of work.
· Ability to work independently.
· Evaluate inventions.
· Prepare electronic files, patent application, and intellectual property forms.
· Prepare patent documents for USPTO filing.
· Notary public duties.
· Reporting emails and letters to outside counsel.
· Organize files and route to appropriate personnel.
· File and organize emails.
· Use USPTO website and patent websites to research records.
· Prepare monthly reports.
· Docketing important patent due dates.
· Brief IP Division Chief weekly.
· Track and process reports using USPTO databases.
· Check for compliance with applicable law.
· Closeout of contracts.
· Review and analyze licenses and file with USPTO.
Location and Hours
On-site (No Telecommute).
This is a great opportunity to protect the United States, receive great benefits, while maintaining great work-life balance.
Job Type: Full-time
· Must pass security clearance.
· Must pass criminal history check.
Why Work Here?Growing government contract company operating under the motto "Work Hard and Be Good to People."
Fast-growing company looking for a few good people to grow with the company.