Seeking full-time patent Paralegal to join our growing Government Contract Team in support of a United States Government Agency by providing legal support services in patent prosecution and docketing, technology licensing, technology transfer, budgeting and cost estimating, drafting legal documents, creating and maintaining files, all while working closely with various stakeholders. Help protect and strengthen America by providing legal support services to the U.S. Government.
· Bachelor degree in Paralegal Studies or a related discipline.
· Minimum of five (5) years experience in patent prosecution.
· Minimum of five (5) years experience as paralegal.
· Familiar with USPTO and foreign patent prosecution documents and procedures.
· Experience using Microsoft, Sharepoint, and technology transfer softwares.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work well within groups handling large volume of work.
· Ability to work independently.
· Review, analyze and maintain licensing agreements.
· Docket USPTO actions and deadlines.
· Handle Patent Prosecution matters
· Patent policy research and analysis.
· Foreign patent filing duties.
· Budget and forecast patent portfolio filings and maintenance.
· Maintain intellectual property databases.
· Work on technology transfer agreements (MTAs, CDAs, CRADAs)
· Draft and handle legal correspondence.
· Coordinate and liase between various responsible parties.
· Draft and work on legal documents.
· Assist with invention disclosures.
· Create and maintain paper and electronic files and databases.
· Work on presentations, memoranda, and special projects.
· Manage task lists, project description, and deadlines.