Contractor - Administrative Assistants
Department of Education
Administrative Assistant position to support the U.S. Department of Education and help ensure equal access to education in America by enforcing civil rights laws in our nation’s schools. Work directly with experienced attorneys and staff in furthering U.S. Department of Education’s mission to promote student achievement and prepare students for global competitiveness.
JOB DUTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide general administrative support to Program, Policy, FOIA, Customer Service, Enforcement, Management, and Regional and Headquarters teams.
- Assist in resolving any OCR-related administrative problems.
- Draft, review, and disseminate reports containing relevant team data and analysis to management and staff.
- Operate electronic and hard copy data systems, including entering, uploading, and downloading data.
- Verify contents and edit documents and files, both hard-copy and electronic.
- Answer inquiries from customers and stakeholders and direct them to the appropriate team for resolution.
- Prepare, review, and modify office communication, including correspondence, reports, drafts, letters, memos, and emails.
- Handle mailing, scanning, faxing, copying and prepping of various documents and files.
- Open, sort and assist with all forms of correspondence.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings.
- Manage calendars appointments, and travel arrangements.
- Maintain and manage level of supplies.
- Carry out recurring office procedures independently and selects the guideline or reference that fits the specific case.
- Anticipate and prepare materials needed by the office supervisor for conferences correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc., and informs supervisor on matters to be considered.
SECURITY CLEARANCE LEVEL
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active 5C Federal Security Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS & SELECTION CRITERIA
- College degree required
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant or Administrative Assistant.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Adobe PDF.
- Knowledge in or secretarial practices and correspondence procedures necessary for applying spelling, punctuation, capitalization, grammar, required formats and style requirements to correct errors in prepared materials.
- Experience developing and typing standard correspondence and performing document editing.
- Experience answering and referring phone calls forward to the appropriate contractor(s).
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with management and staff at the highest levels of the Department, external government officials, and private industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Intelligence Federal is a fast growing government contracting company and looking for someone who is technically proficient and competent, friendly, people-focused, able to work well in a team, and be attentive to our clients' needs. This position offers the opportunity for a motivated candidate to take on responsibilities and grow with our company.