Senior Scientist/Associate Director-Bioinformatics(NGS)
- Posted: over a month ago
Senior Scientist/Associate Director, Bioinformatics
We are an innovative company with mission to unlock the mechanism of cancer based on cutting-edge bioinformatics algorithm and advanced single cell platform. The company has established successful collaboration with multiple major partners in the pharmaceutical and academic domains. The company is growing rapidly at global level.
We seek an individual to work closely with our laboratory and bioinformatics single-cell teams, as well as research partners in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, to derive knowledge from pre-clinical and clinical single-cell genomics studies in oncology, immunology, and other human diseases.
The role of Senior Scientist/Associate Director will be responsible for:
- Using published methods or ad-hoc methods to conduct bioinformatics projects on customer’s or in-house data.
- Interfacing the customers from Phama or Academia to introduce our service, offer research solutions, present results, and help with customized needs.
- Developing new pipelines, tools, and algorithms for new scientific questions, new data modalities, and emerging service needs.
- Maintaining and managing computational resources, managing and delivering customer data.
- Interacting with local and global team members, and facilitate solution for internal needs.
- Ph.D. degree in bioinformatics, statistics, natural sciences, biotechnology, or equivalent degree/experience as well as a solid record of publication in the scientific literature.
- Ample experience in design/analysis/interpretation of NGS or single-cell bioinformatics studies.
- Be fluent in the use of bioinformatics (R/Python) and statistical (t-tests, ANOVA, etc) tools on Linux hosts or clusters.
- Good understanding of human immunology and disease research concepts (B cell and T cell biology, BCR/TCR).
- Good understanding of experiment technologies in biomedical research (NGS, protein quantification, flow cytometry, droplet-based single-cell sequencing).
- Good understanding of basic machine learning (classifiers, Bayesian models, dimensionality reduction, etc) and visualization (tSNE, UMAP, etc) methods.
- Strong written and oral skills for communication, negotiation, and persuation with customers/audience/collaborators.
- Good working habits including faithfully conclude all tasks and hit milestones, have a fair estimation of work capabilities and finish time, establish friendly and efficient communication with co-workers.
Powered by JazzHR
IntelliPro Group Inc.
AddressSouth San Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at IntelliPro Group Inc.