Code Next is the company's program on a mission to expand social capital in Black and Latino neighborhoods by developing culturally engaging and community-centric tech innovation experiences for youth. We are seeking a CS Coach to join our team.
As a CS Coach, you will join an energetic team devoted to increasing access and exposure to Computer Science and Making to underrepresented communities. The CS Coach will be responsible for leading a lab and supporting the full-time coach in facilitating learning experiences designed for students ages 13 -18, to increase their interest, confidence and core skills required to pursue a career in Computer Science.
Top Daily Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the instruction for out-of-school time programs, prepare for lessons, and provide feedback to the education design team.
- Work directly with students, externs and program partners to ensure that they are following our CS road map; identify areas of strength and weakness of individual students to help them by implementing accelerated or supplemental resources.
- Participate in required training and development and apply concepts in the classroom.
- Work with the curriculum design team to design and develop engaging learning experiences for students.
- Lab maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Education, Psychology, or equivalent experience
- Proficient in at least one programming language
- Culturally oriented and experienced in engaging with underrepresented populations;
- Experience facilitating learning experiences or teaching computer science to high school age students
- Enthusiasm for teaching, engaging students, and sparking curiosity and creativity.
- Must be able and willing to work most Saturdays. Summers: Mon - Fri; Sep - June: Tue - Sat.
- Experience with high school age students strongly preferred but may consider middle school or college teaching experience.
- Experience with makerspaces, tinkering, innovation labs, design-thinking, and project-based learning.
- Experience leading, managing or mentoring educators.
- Proficiency in structuring, delivering, and facilitating learning experiences using a blended learning model, project-based assignments, media techniques, or online education.