Test, troubleshoot and repair of Production and RMA UPSs, chargers, line conditioners and batteries at system level.
-Production testing of UPS systems using DMM, oscilloscope, power meters, current clamps using test procedures, wiring diagrams, schematics and user specifications. Completing customized test reports, generating Britecom System Test Report, Harmonic Distortion (THD) report as needed and completion of Certificate of Conformance.
-Troubleshooting and repair of UPS Systems to sub-assembly and components level using wiring diagrams and schematics. Debugging software and/or hardware failures.
-Assisting in RMA System level debugging, failure verification, analysis and testing of On Line UPS products.
-Assisting product development and engineering with the checkout, documentation, and release of new product testing. Assisting in validating firmware release and UPS system performance.
-Communicating with co-workers, management, and others in a courteous and professional manner. Reporting unusual product behaviors and potential problems to customer.
-Other duties as assigned.
• Degree or certification from a technical or trade school or equivalent experience.
• Strong knowledge of electrical theory & circuitry.
• 1-year experience preferred with advanced switching power system technology and Uninterruptible Power Supplies.
• Knowledge of MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook applications.
• Able to correctly analyze and interpret drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, and specifications.
• Adept at utilization and operation of general electronic test equipment.
• Strong work ethic to achieve high levels of productivity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to verbally ask for directions and or instructions from lead or co-workers, listen and understand responses.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms ( flip toggle switches/ push and pull plugs, push and release buttons, select and carry cables and heater loads/ keyboarding/data entry, sort/gather, file, scan barcodes, electronic copy and paste, print documents).
• This position may alternate between a sedentary as well as mobile role at times in order to follow up with various departments in the company.
• Intermittent travel may be required by road and/or air to various clients/ vendors and/or subcontractors.
• Occasionally may include heavy lifting and moving of test equipment 30+ pounds: overhead lifting, bending, prolong standing, twisting.
IntelliPower is a USA manufacturer utilizing a combination of outsourced subassembly production together with internal final assembly and system testing of a variety of final products many of which are customized to meet specific customer requirements. The company develops and manufactures advanced technology on line Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPSs) with state-of-the-art high frequency switching technology and embedded microprocessor and DSP control with all products produced in the USA using our ISO 9001 based QMS System.
The primary growing markets being served by IntelliPower’s Power Protection and Power Conversion products include Mission Critical Commercial applications such as communications systems, Industrial applications such as oil rigs and Military applications serving all branches of the Government. IntelliPower is the leading supplier of rugged UPSs and Power Conversion Systems for military and industrial markets requiring high reliability in harsh environments.
The Company offers medical benefits along with great growth opportunities. Our 401K plan has excellent matching benefits.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled - All applicants will receive consideration for employments without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, status regarding genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local laws.