IntelliCentrics Flower Mound, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
The Director of Development leads and directs the global software development functions. Directs department activities to design new systems, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Leads department operations, including department structure, productivity, delivery, and time to market.
- Provides administrative leadership, including mentoring/coaching individuals and teams, developing team members, continual performance feedback, employee development, and addressing performance issues
- Ensures technical leadership, including on-time delivery, quality standards, process implementation, technical development projects, managing relationships within the team and with other areas of the organization involved the development process.
- Exercises Business and Organizational acumen, including balancing goals and needs of the Global Team, developing relationships with other members of leadership team, supporting overall development activities (successful navigation of product roadmap), and successful coordination within entire organization (Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Finance and Human Resources department)
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Analyzes technology trends, human capital needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Confers with leadership, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests.
- Advises Executive Leadership of new developments which may affect time to market, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the engineering activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, EE or computer science, advanced degree preferred.
- 5 years of software development experience.
- 3 years in software leadership experience.
- Proven history of leading the teams developing commercial software solutions
- Experience with a microservices architecture required.
- Experience with current development techniques (Agile development),
- In addition to the above, Candidates must have substantial experience in the following technologies:
- Large-scale web application development in a cloud environment
- Angular and React
- Web application security
- REST APIs
- Mobile Application development for IOS or Android
- Microservice architecture, event streaming, and CQRS
- Business Acumen – Able to translate business objectives and identified problems into pragmatic project efforts to remove friction from the experience
- Customer Acumen – Passion, Energy & a Deep Need to Complete and Win. Recognizes each interaction is opportunity to make IntelliCentrics advocate.
- Change Agent - Strong change management capabilities and operates as a change agent internally and externally with customers.
- Force Multiplication – Ability to quickly break down problems into actionable components.
- Communication – Understands and able to present benefits in conceptual manner. Clear and effective communicator, both written and verbal, both internally and externally.
- Detail Oriented – Strong organization skills and focus to drive projects to successful outcomes in Aggressive Pursuit of our Business Objectives.
- Provocative and Innovative – Enables progress while challenging assumptions. Envisions realistic, non-traditional possibilities where appropriate.
- Entrepreneurial - High level of initiative, resourcefulness, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Aggressive Pursuit of our Business Objectives – Recognizes this is not an 8-hour job, willing to put in time to ensure success. Metric driven. Targets breakthrough performance, not incremental gain.
- Knowledge – Consummate student dedicated to self-directed learning.
- Problem Solving – Ability to quickly break down problems into actionable components.
- Forward Thinking – Anticipates, sees 3 moves ahead.
- Drive - Demanding of themselves and others. Gives extra effort to exceed expectations. High passion and energy levels with a deep need to compete and win.
- Knowledge – Possess the skill, experience and stature to be a major influencer.
- Leadership – High ownership and accountability. Engaged leadership style, modelling leadership by example.
- Strategic – Drives high-level, strategic planning but able to manage granular details to ensure results
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is associated with normal office environment. ,
IntelliCentrics is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AddressFlower Mound, TX
Non ProfitView all jobs at IntelliCentrics