Sr. Industrial Designer
Intellectt INC Westford, MA
- Expired: 15 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Sr. Industrial Designer
Location: Westford, MA
Duration: 9+ Months contract (with possible extension)
Consultant must be willing to work on W2.
Screening of Design Portfolio (please mention the Product design portfolio link or the design images in the resume)
Sr. Industrial Designer
Sr. Industrial Designer w/5+ years' experience. Candidates must have the ability to envision future products and work within a cross-functional project team. Strong visual and verbal communication skills are a must.
MUST HAVE requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design or equivalent experience Flexible, Self-directed, organized and priority-driven Strong verbal and visual presentation skills Able to work independently, as well as within a coordinated team environment Keen sensitivity to form, proportion and detail Appreciation for beauty + mechanical innovation Strong conceptual sketching skills Excellent 3D surfacing and modeling skills (Solidworks or Rhino 3D preferred) Experience with human factors and ergonomics Able to recommend and document colors, finishes, materials, textures, and processes Familiar with manufacturing/tooling considerations Able to work within established visual brand languages Able to receive and give creative criticism Able to utilize/ translate user-based research data into viable design solutions
- Product designing experience
- Medical Device or Consumer Device experience .
- Conceptual sketching skills (should be able to sketch on Artboard(paper) or digital format)
- Experience in Solidworks or Rhino 3D is must
- Portfolio links should be below the candidate name in the resume
- Responsible for modeling/designing components for new and existing medical device products (e.g. assemblies/equipment/fixtures/programmers/leads/stents) into detailed drawings and documentation using CAD and other tools. Model product concepts using the current tool, analysis techniques, and technologies through use of parametric CAD software and other mechanisms.;
- Perform Mechanical design/redesign of medical device products applying industry standards (e.g. ASME Y14.5M-1994) to detail drawings.;
- Create/modify/maintain documentation using CAD tools that are tied to a data management system.;
- Provide support for OEM device documentation and Bill of Material structure support.;
- Provide support for OEM device documentation. (VI);
- Completes document packages by detailing parts and creating BOM and schematics following layouts, sketches, and verbal instructions to ensure that all of the needed documentation is available for the manufacturing process. (VI);
- Reviews and verifies design work of peers to check for compliance with standards and corporate procedures.;
- May review engineering order (EO) package by reading information on EOs (e.g. document description) and supplemental information (e.g., preliminary sketch) in order to identify missing information.;
- May generate engineering change orders (ECOs). (CRM);
- May provide illustrations, animation, and web publishing solutions that allow communication of 2D/3D product information for interactive assembly, maintenance/ restoration of documentation, product presentations, and Federal and International compliance. Two-year degree with 8+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and technical work experience. May also require a license or certification in the area of expertise.