Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with Design, Layout and/or Hardware Engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software.
They also determine computer user needs, advise hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
Responsibilities will include, although not limited to:
- Leading co-engineering integration & test planning, execution & delivery. This includes creating holistic integration plans, including which platforms will be used for feature development, which driver and OS teams need to come together to deliver an integrated capability, and how to test the functionality and performance of the new capabilities.
- Developing strategies to reduce the cost of new feature development for Intel by investing in automation and leveraging Microsoft's onsite systems to move system integration and testing upstream.
- Defining and driving methodology changes in Intel's software integration & test tools, and processes across build, test, and deployment for all product segments.
In addition to the qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will also have the following skills:
- Strong technical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to work independently in setting clear expectations, measuring results, and prioritizing tasks to meet engineering and business goals of the program
- Clear verbal, written communication and presentation skills with the ability and willingness to present complex issues with clarity to drive decisions.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
-Candidate must posses a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or a related field
-This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- 1+ year of experience with:
- Computer Architecture
- Integration and Validation of a PC platform or system
- C/C++, Python
- Performance profiling tools like VTune & Windows performance profilers
- Windows driver debugging with WinDbg
Inside this Business Group
The Client Computing Group is responsible for all aspects of the client computing business across Phone, Phablet, Tablet and PC platforms, leading Intel's efforts to transform client computing through technologies, new form factors, and driving Intel's corporate-wide user experience initiatives. This spans all client device brands including hardware, software and connectivity ingredients for phones, tablets, Ultrabook™, All-in-Ones, 2 in 1 computing devices, and home gateways.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....