IP logic design intern
Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
As an IP logic design intern, you'll be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Performs logic design, Register Transfer Level (RTL) coding, and simulation to generate cell libraries, functional units, and sub-systems for inclusion in full chip designs.
- Participates in the development of Architecture and Micro-architecture specifications for the Logic components.
This team is responsible to ensure the highest quality of Intel's in-Silicon Hardware Solutions for the Server products. Essential soft skills for candidates include excellent problem-solving skills, initiative, interpersonal skills, and good written and verbal communication skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences
Candidate should be pursuing a MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
Coursework, Internship and/or experience should be in the following areas:
- in digital design, ASIC design flow and computer architecture.
- Past industry experience in IP logic design.
- Experience with programming/scripting languages like C/C , Perl, Ruby, Python, and Unix (Linux).
- Experience with hardware description languages (such as VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog).
- Skills pertaining to Pre-Silicon Logic Design, including expertise in: System Verilog for Design, Logical Synthesis, STA, Timing closure, Linting, Design for Low Power techniques and Verification skills such as: test development, execution, debug.
- Familiarity with DRAM memory technologies is a plus.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....