Facilities Engineer - WATR/PAWN
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come. Corporate Services (CS) provides Intel employees the infrastructure and environment to create breakthrough technology that make amazing experiences possible. Our scope is vast, whether we are providing services that help employees stay productive and satisfied, or transforming how we work by providing ultra-pure water/chemicals to factory process tools, shuttling employees between sites, protecting the environment, keeping employees safe, or building and maintaining offices, labs, and factories. Our employees create a better tomorrow for all Intel employees around the world. As an Industrial Water Engineer, you will play a significant role in helping to develop, operate, maintain, and repair industrial water facility system in a 24x7 manufacturing environment. Results are delivered through the application of engineering skills and tools, systematic problem solving, statistical validation of system performance, collaboration with the facilities technicians, peer engineers, equipment suppliers, key stakeholders, through in-depth understanding of the operating systems to determine and ensure compliance to existing standards and processes. Additional responsibilities: - Deliver best in planet industrial water system performance thru equipment sustaining support and technical guidance to sustaining facility teams to provide for safe, uninterrupted factory operations, while reducing operating costs and improving operational quality and efficiency. - Support rotating weekend on call responsibilities. - Maintain Plan of Record documentation and specifications governing system design, troubleshooting, and operations. - Provide direct support and maintain periodic communication with key suppliers to ensure latest and most cost effective solutions are implemented and that technical accuracy is maintained in master specifications and standards.
The ideal candidate should exbibit the following behavioral traits:
- Ability to solve complicated problems.
- Ability to work on diverse tasks in an ambiguous environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Strong Team Player.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/ or work experience. You must possess the following minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position:
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree or a Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar Engineering Degree with 1 years of experience with the following: Manufacturing, equipment/system ownership, or water purification/treatment operations experience .
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Knowledge of field instrumentation .
- Knowledgeable in related operation, design, and construction standard practices.
- General system troubleshooting skills.
- Hands on experience working with process equipment.
- PCR knowledge.
- DNA sequencing.
- Fluorescent in-situ hybridization (FISH).
- Bacterial quantification: Different ribosomal RNA and DNA (rRNA, rDNA)-based methods to quantify the bacterial populations in sludge samples.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....