Copy Editor Intern
Do you have a passion for editing and a sharp eye for detail? Do you cheer for the Oxford comma? Can you wield the grammar hammer with tact and finesse? Then we need you on our team!
Intel's Enterprise Learning Solutions team is looking for a copy editor to support learning at our company. We need you to bring your talent, experience, and passion for editing to make our copy the best it can be.
In this role you will edit assets created to optimize a person's learning experience: workbooks, posters, job aids, PowerPoint decks, videos, facilitation guides, and other collateral. You will work with creative asset developers and facilitators to create learning products and experiences for audiences of employees, managers, and leaders.
As the team copy editor you will not only correct errors in style, usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation, but also edit for Intel voice, tone, clarity, and readability for Intel's international audience. You will own a style guide that ensures adherence to house style, Intel's style guide, so that we produce consistent materials for high-quality learning.
Note: This is a full or part time internship, negotiable.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
- Currently pursuing a Master's degree in writing, journalism, English, or another related field.
- Have taken at least one college-level course that focuses on grammar, usage, style, editing, or advanced composition.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Can clearly explain the rules of grammar and usage and your reasoning behind the edits that you make
- Team player who communicates with authors tactfully and diplomatically
- Organized and can deliver projects on time (roughly two-day turnaround)
- Have the ability to concentrate for long periods, while maintaining high levels of accuracy
- Have worked in the learning or communications fields
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Human Resources group is responsible for hiring, developing and retaining the best and brightest employees while continuing to strengthen the company's culture and values. Intel Human Resources provides first-rate, cost-effective services and support to employees worldwide and is dedicated to advancing Intel's business goals.
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Folsom
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....