Communications Manager- Technology & Thought Leadership
The GCG Tech Leadership team is looking for a strong thought leadership communications manager to help develop and execute the PR/comms strategy for cross-company initiatives, such as its tech leadership IP portfolio, AI & 5G, as well as Intel R&D efforts.
As a successful candidate your responsibilities may include:
- Proactively deliver consistent narrative to communicate Intel's tech leadership, AI & 5G story/stories highlighting a differentiated point of view as well as Intel's value and leadership to targeted audiences.
- Effectively partner across the Global Marketing and Communications group including and business group marketing and communications, events, and earned influencer relations, to develop and deliver well rounded communications programs that yield maximum results.
- Effectively liaise with Intel business groups to understand and translate business goals into strategic programs that consistently exceed expectations.
- Proactively define, develop and drive strategic media relations efforts that contribute to a full and robust pipeline of major stories that help tell the consistent narrative for Intel's tech leadership, AI and 5G stories globally. Must be able to develop personal relationships with senior editors, journalists and bloggers that cover and closely follow the tech industry & industry players, including industry trade press, technology and business/financial print, wire and online outlets.
- Be well-versed on the current traditional and social media environment as it relates to Intel's business as well as the broader industry. This includes staying abreast of the competitive landscape and other potential news triggers and being prepared to respond to media inquiries.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Being Scrappy, Creative, and had worked in communications with strong knowledge of both communications and Intel's communication objectives, including developing and executing strategies and programs.
- Strong story teller with proven communication experience and success.
- Being self-motivated contributor who can work across matrixed organizations, managing projects with touch points that span the organization and managing the day-to-day activities of agency resources.
- Experience dealing with senior leaders, and experience publicizing or marketing emerging technologies.
- Needs to be able to coach, guide and direct others on the team as well as agencies.
- Must be able to work well within a team and with others to drive results.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations or marketing.
- 8+ years of experience in:
Corporate communications, technology PR or marketing strategy, with direct experience in emerging technologies communications strongly preferred.
Communications and/or marketing experience, such as strategy, message development, storytelling, analyst relations, thought leadership campaign planning and execution
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- MBA or master's degree in marketing or communications is a plus.
Inside this Business Group
Global Marketing & Communications is responsible for Intel's brand management, end-user product marketing and go-to-market activation strategy for direct and indirect marketing programs worldwide
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....