Registered Nurse (RN) will assess patients and document pertinent information including Triage, Behavioral Health, Physical Health, and/or Substance Abuse issues. The RN will administer medications, transcribe Provider's orders, and collaborate with the multidisciplinary clinical team regarding client's treatment. The RN will demonstrate knowledge of Crisis Intervention techniques and the ability to de-escalate potentially aggressive situations. The RN will provide education to consumers and their families regarding Behavioral Health diagnosis, medications, and treatments. RN will respond, guide and direct (in absence of provider) care in crisis management and medical emergencies.
Registered Nurse clinically supervises all direct care nursing staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in clients conditions.
- Record client's medical information and vital signs. Regulate and adjust medication and treatments in consultation with the physician, monitoring closely for adverse side effects.
- Assess clients and document pertinent information including Triage, Medical/Behavioral Health assessments and medication administration utilizing appropriate assessment tools.
- Plan, participate and assists with treatment as part of the Multidisciplinary Clinical team.
- Intervenes with respect to clients psychopharmacological and physiologic needs.
- Provides education concerning Psychiatric diagnosis, treatment options and pharmacology to clients, families and all others involved in the clients care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of adult psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment as well as demonstrating knowledge of co-existing disorders and their management.
- Demonstrates skill at creating and maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of crisis intervention theory and technique.
- Intervenes with appropriate verbal interventions to diffuse out of control or potentially dangerous behaviors. Demonstrates the ability to effectively use the Crisis Prevention Institute (C.P.I.) theories and techniques. Describes and demonstrate the roles/responsibilities, of team members based on specific job duties or responsibilities, relative to safety.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Seclusion/Restraint standards, guidelines, and techniques. Initiates documentation as well as debriefing with clients after seclusion/restraint incidents.
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment demonstrating knowledge of Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Able to prioritize multiple demands in a high volume, acute Psychiatric care setting.
- Perform those duties as directed by Charge Nurse or Nurse Manager.
- Ensures that job tasks are performed in a legal and ethical manner.
- Actively assess work area for non-compliance issues and notifies supervisor.
- Adheres to compliance training requirements and understands that training is a required condition of employment.
- Adheres to the State Nursing Boards scope of practice standards.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Graduated from an accredited Nursing program with licensure by the Arizona Board of Nursing.
- Bachelors of Nursing preferred.
- Unrestricted, unencumbered licenses as a Registered Professional Nurse through the Arizona State Board of Nursing
- At least one (1) year preferred prior psychiatric or behavioral health experience with adults with serious mental illness, chemical dependency issues and/or developmental disability, emergency room, crisis psychiatric care experience.
- Basic computer skills, familiarity with EMR
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Must have excellent observation skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
- Professional in attitude, demeanor, and dress.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Able to lift a minimum of 10 to 25 pounds.
- Ability to be flexible in working hours.
- Must be able to work weekends and/or holidays as assigned.